Lt. Commander
# 1 Carriers and AI spawns
08-25-2010, 01:39 AM
Klingon carriers need to be removed from PVP along with the powers on both sides that spawn a bunch of NPC AI ships that never die, seemingly even when the player who spawned them does.

The carriers just make it a pain to target anything because the auto target almost always targets a fighter and in the time it takes to target what you want your already half dead.

A autotargeting option to never auto target fighters may solve that though.

But it should be PVP. Not PVP plus as many AI's as one side can spawn.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-25-2010, 01:44 AM
more nerfs for the klings...no thanks...

take your target manually its easier and you dont have problems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-25-2010, 01:55 AM
THats what I'm talking about. I try and click on a klingon ship and I keep getting a fighter that flies past. It's a #$%% pain in the rear.

Carriers need to be removed from PVP play or the feds need one added so that both sides can feel the targeting pain.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-25-2010, 01:57 AM
no it dont need to removed.

maybe you need some more practice but for me it works well with targeting manually so i dont know whats your problem.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-25-2010, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkt0404 View Post
A autotargeting option to never auto target fighters may solve that though.
That sounds like the reasonable solution.

Quote:
But it should be PVP. Not PVP plus as many AI's as one side can spawn.
It's part of the strength of a character class and ship class to use AI ships. All that is reuqired is that it's balanced.

What should really happen is that the control of players over the AI ships is improved. Currently they are nothing more like independently firing weapons that you can just say "shoot at something" without being able to specify what that something could be.

Mustrum "Never played a Carrier but hates the very idea of the lack of control they have" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-25-2010, 03:42 AM
This reminds me of the complaints I heard about people having problems targeting ships when people spam mines. They got used to that eventually. Leave the carrier as is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-25-2010, 03:52 AM
The ability of a carrier to target-block feddies is crazy. The worst part is that tab targeting seems to prioritize fighters and mines over player ships.

This isn't a pvp issue tho, its a user interface issue. It's just as annoying targeting properly when AIs launch fighters and mine nets. They probably should also use a different and smaller targeting icon than ships do, so that they clutter the screen far less. Lose the name at least unless theyre targeted.

I do agree its odd that Photonic Fleets dont die when the player does.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-25-2010, 04:46 AM
nonononono....

1. the carrier is barely useful as it is in PvP... you don't see a lot of them around.
2. if you could target the carrier, you would find they die fairly easy :p (compared to cruisers). Pets are needed to avoid being targeted.
3. A fed team spamming mines is just as annoying and difficult to target.
4. Scramble sensors and make the AI attack the carrier
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-25-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
The ability of a carrier to target-block feddies is crazy. The worst part is that tab targeting seems to prioritize fighters and mines over player ships.

This isn't a pvp issue tho, its a user interface issue. It's just as annoying targeting properly when AIs launch fighters and mine nets. They probably should also use a different and smaller targeting icon than ships do, so that they clutter the screen far less. Lose the name at least unless theyre targeted.

I do agree its odd that Photonic Fleets dont die when the player does.
IIRC, you can go the reverse direction with Shift-Tab. (But don't press Alt-Tab! )
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-25-2010, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkt0404 View Post
The carriers just make it a pain to target anything because the auto target almost always targets a fighter and in the time it takes to target what you want your already half dead.
Good to know there's *something* useful about carriers. Auto target is notoriously unreliable even when no carriers are in play.

We should also remove mines because they're sooooo OP! I want to make sweet love to my tab button!