Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Dear Cryptic,
I log in this morning and do my new download. No notes tell me PvP is affected by it in any way.
Imagine my surprise the first time I get hit with a Weapons Malfunction, all my consumables quickslots no longer work...NONE OF THEM.
I die...they are still frozen.
I log the match and rejoin, I got em again!
Until I get hit with the first Weapons Malfunction...then they all freeze again.

I sure would appreciate it if you can get a GM to hitch-hike with me to see if my account is bugged, or...perhaps someone else has this issue to?

I submitted a bug report, and the GM said he passed it to the bug department. The Bug Report auto-reply said to post to forums...so I am.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-26-2010, 11:34 AM
it doest happen with engineers alone, if you use a hypo it then goes to 0/1 charges and doesnt drop from your inventory. if you click it again it doesnt work because it has no charges.

Maybe engineers can make them all not work. but right now hypos and ground items like that are bugged, making tacs impossible to play on ground pvp because they have no way to heal themselves at all.

This better get fixed soon
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Been having this problem too. It's rough on everyone, but especially hard on tacs.

It would be nice if holds, exposes, and disarms were bugged along with their counters. There were reasons for the counters being added in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Wait, I wonder if this is related to what I'm experiencing...

I can't activate my Engine Batteries in PvP. (or if I can, it's only once per match) And I'm certain it's not related to just Weapon Malfunction, as I didn't get hit with that.

Though I thought I stared having this problem last nite, before this morning's patch.

Hmmm...?

Either way, for a BoP not to be able to escape battle makes the ship much less potent. I hope this is an intentional change. It'll make it much easier for me to leave in a few weeks when my sub is up.

Lt. Commander
# 5
08-26-2010, 01:14 PM
yes its a bug with all consumabes (hypos, batteries...) they have 1/1 charges. if you use it it goes to 0/1 charges but does not move to the next item. So you are stuck with 20 hypos you use 1 and you still have 20 but the only one you have the option to use has nothing in it..

the devs need to look into this
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNER0 View Post
yes its a bug with all consumabes (hypos, batteries...) they have 1/1 charges. if you use it it goes to 0/1 charges but does not move to the next item. So you are stuck with 20 hypos you use 1 and you still have 20 but the only one you have the option to use has nothing in it..

the devs need to look into this
Good lord, that explains a lot! (I died several times today in space combat because I couldn't hit the Eng Batt and escape)

So what do we do? Can we remove the entire stack out of the ship item slot, then move in another stack? I already tried swapping item stacks (between the Shield Batt and the Engine Batt), but that didn't work (or if it did, it only worked once).

Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2010, 03:39 PM
I did some quick testing in ground PvP. The number seems to be 2. You get to use each consumable twice before it bugs out in your toolbar. After that, you have to remove the items from your character sheet and put them back in order to make them work again.

I did notice something that could possibly be related to this game breaking bug... or ground breaking feature, depending how you want to spin it When I first logged in, I saw that all 3 of my consumables were at 5 on my character sheet... not the usual 20 pre-patch.

As far as I can tell, WM has nothing to do with it but yes, engineers and sci healers are gods until this gets fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Ahh....
So ALL consumables are bugged then, eh?
I guess I just noticed it when I had to use a weapons charge to break the weapons malfunction.

Well, I take it back then...it is not engineer tricks doing it I guess.

Wonder if this has been posted in a forum the Devs ritually pay attention to yet?

What a PITA bug...
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Sounds like my Voodoo doll is working as intended
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Meeeow punished us all?
Didn't you just want to hex a select few "evil people who have wronged you"?
omg...backfire magic...funny how that works when you harbor those resentments and pray or wish for self seeking revenge on people who "hurt" you....I mean those who attack you through no fault or action of your own, of course...

Burn the doll man, burn the doll.