Lt. Commander
# 1 C-Store sales...
09-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Out of curiosity, how many others out there have done what i've done: Well, since i had no idea there was going to be a sale starting today, yesterday i bought the Galaxy X Ship and Borg BO through the C-store, then i find out that they have a sale and i could have saved hundreds of Cryptic points.... anyone else ever do something like that, buy expensive stuff only to find out that it went on sale the next day?
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I did not know, but they have been running holiday sales so I am not surprized. Don't paid until Friday so I guess I will get to take advantage of the sale.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-01-2010, 01:08 PM
i think we all have at some point. i once actually bought another copy of the game as i really wanted the TOS ship only for it to arrive within the store in about a week. that was annoying but at least i got the 30 days free game time with it so i did not end up paying that much more

the only problem is its an unavoidable problem. even if they said it 7 days in advance, you would still get people who bought something 8 or 9 days in advance out of pocket
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Ya... happens to all of us...

But isnt that the same with real stores?
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Not this time, but I had that happen to me in the past. There are a few things that have been added to the store that I thought looked nice, but I decided to wait until a sale to pick them up. This weekend is the time.

I've saved some shopping for things in RL for this weekend in anticipation of some sales as well. Happens all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-01-2010, 01:09 PM
yup, you buy expensive stuff then the next day its like half off! a friend of mine bought the GBA SP and the very next day is when the price went down...he was ****ed. I bought the extra starship slots yesterday, if only I would have know, i could have saved! specially since I'm jobless! damn.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-01-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Ya... happens to all of us...

But isnt that the same with real stores?

But with REAL stores, you can take the item or the receipt back the next day and tell them it just went on sale and they refund the difference.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah happens to me too sometimes. Especially when bunkering several foodstuffs this week - just to find out they are on 30% discount next monday. Sucks - but that is life. Works also the other way around: Saw a new game which was for cheap, but since I had not enough money with me. So I wanted to buy too days later - well that was too late: It was only a release day discount so I had to pay the full price.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-01-2010, 01:46 PM
At least the T5 Excelsior is not part of the sale as to not p-o customers like the OP.

You're happy about that, right OP?
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Theres a sale at the C-Store?

Ooooooh, what content can I purchase for my Federation characters....

C-Store + Feds = <3

/grin