Lt. Commander
# 31
08-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
if you read the wording they never actually said it would be only cosmetic. they used some very careful wording like 'almost' and 'virtually'

they said nothing is needed to play or complete the game. they never actually said it would never be game affecting in some way or only cosmetic. that is often something that we on the forums have created by interpreting their words

does it make it right, probably not, but they never broke their promise, they just worded their promise with some room to manoeuvre.
I agree with you, I think most of the hurt feelings on the forums are due to misinformation and that why so many people feel like they have been betrayed.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inviegle View Post
Tac slot or not, bottom line is that the Excelsior is a superior boat to just about anything the Klingons can muster, and will be superior to anything not purchased outside the C-store, thus making it important, and give Excelsior captains an edge in PVP.

This is something almost all MMO's strive to avoid- unbalancing inter-player combat in favor of those who spend more money. It's insulting to players in a free to play game, but understandable in order to generate revenues.

In a fee per month game though, priced the same as any other MMO, its inexcusable.
lol no its not, its a kiddy safe version of the Neg'va with added TW abilites. Trust me, i fly a Neg'va and i've bought the Excelsior, ive spent a few hours pvping in it and its nearly but not quite the same as the Neg'va
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Irrelevant. The tier 5 version has stats that are not available in the game otherwise. That is a gameplay-affecting feature avaialble only in the C-store, and that is breaking a promise made when they were selling lifetime subs.
Those of you who do not understand the truth of this statement, have a lot of reading to do. If you don't feel like doing a lot of reading, then you must trust old Uncle Pariahterra. QFT
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-26-2010, 05:33 PM
obviously you did not realise that you were playing 'c-$TOre'. my condolences.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahterra View Post
Those of you who do not understand the truth of this statement, have a lot of reading to do. If you don't feel like doing a lot of reading, then you must trust old Uncle Pariahterra. QFT
sigh, its no better than the Soverign which is a freely available ship. I've flown both in PvP and trust me if anything its slightly worse, the only advantage to it is you get the Trans Warp Abilities, which again are fluff.
And if you are sad enough to spit your dummy and quit over a ship then i say good riddance. We dont want no wishy washy namby pamby players here. Grow up or leave.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
sigh, its no better than the Soverign which is a freely available ship. I've flown both in PvP and trust me if anything its slightly worse, the only advantage to it is you get the Trans Warp Abilities, which again are fluff.
And if you are sad enough to spit your dummy and quit over a ship then i say good riddance. We dont want no wishy washy namby pamby players here. Grow up or leave.
Aren't you a lifer? isn't the entire basis of your investment built upon the idea that people will keep subscribing monthly?

If people don't, then you don't have a game or you pay for exclusively through the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
Aren't you a lifer? isn't the entire basis of your investment built upon the idea that people will keep subscribing monthly?

If people don't, then you don't have a game or you pay for exclusively through the C-Store.
Ok....really?

Are you accusing this guy of having a hidden agenda?
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
Well it sounds like someone else needs to shut their food hole. Read the OP I used the word "May" learn to read my friend. You say I should leave and "good riddance." I say anyone who Say's "good riddance." To someone who loves Star Trek and is just trying to look out for his fellow fan and the game in general

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post

The entire basis of my investment is that i don't like paying monthly subscriptions and I'd rather pay them up front, plus I liked the perks that came with it.
Besides how the hell did you turn this into a Lifer vs Reg sub argument!!? What has that got to do with anything?
The C-store is for optional fluff, the ship is optional fluff, its no better than the existing same tier ships AND for those who like the "skin" Cryptic have but it in the game for free at an earlier level too!

Just because i chose to pay my subs in one lump sum rather than spread it out means nothing in this argument.
Jeez if you can put together a coherent argument then just don't bother!
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-26-2010, 10:30 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja