Lt. Commander
# 1 $15!!!!!!!!
08-26-2010, 03:20 PM
$15/ 1,200? For the Federation Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit: Excelsior Class??? I think thats to much, why not 480 c-store points?? more than the costumes but not a 3/4ths of the cost to buy the game please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Because the Excelsior is the most powerful ship in the game and STO is a true mircotransacton game. If you want to have the best equipment you MUST pay extra.

I really hope cryptic redo all T5 ships console and BOFF slots to bring them up to par with the Excelsior. They should post their intentions asap. This will make my cancel my subscription and I will not buy anything from the c-store until they do.

I do not mind paying extra for the skin, but I will not supoort anything but cosmetic enhancments in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-26-2010, 06:55 PM
actually, it's $33 . . . dont forget your $15 monthly membership fee to use the online C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-27-2010, 01:50 PM
True, but still $20 just buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeast-beast5
$15/ 1,200? For the Federation Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit: Excelsior Class??? I think thats to much, why not 480 c-store points?? more than the costumes but not a 3/4ths of the cost to buy the game please.
Actually it's more expensive than the game (which includes that free month of play) if you know where to buy it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Gal-x what an exception but this is a no no. I will not buy this.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-27-2010, 06:19 PM
You answer really is simple then isn't it, you're not willing to pay that much then don't buy it.

Much as I love the excelsior design (specially the refit) I won't be buying it either, there really is only one character I have that I would use it on, though my main reason is principles, so far its the only ship that really brings a noticeable change that can only be obtained through the C-store. (Gal-x has referral system and the constitution was a pre-order item, retrofits can be obtained in-game)

easiest way to solve these problems IMO would be to just modify the emblem system so we can start obtaining them at RA1. In smaller quantities than at VA maybe but let us start getting them then and then the emblem system can be used for the same purpose with the excelsior as the other retrofits.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Yeah 15 bucks for a SINGLE ship is just ridiculous especially when only one of my characters would even possibly command a cruiser.

Just a blatent money grab.

Cryptic I have a great idea for you guys to make even more money. Start charging us c points for each torpedo we fire.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-27-2010, 09:41 PM
LOLOLOLOL. When the Gal-X was released everyone QQ'd that it cost $25 and that was too much. Countless people posted that $10 - $15 dollars was more reasonable and that they would gladly pay that amount... that it was a fair price. Now Cryptic releases a ship that was advertised to be a C-Store purchase item from the start and they remembered what everyone said when the Gal-X came out. So they put it in the C-store for $15 because that is what everyone said was reasonable. Now Everyone is saying that amount is too much and that it needs to be lower to be reasonable (in game availability is a completely separate issue). Seriously, some of you guys are impossible to please.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Just stop paying for beer and/or smokes and/or a night out at the restaurant and/or to the movies or a sport event or music show or a book or wine... once... for a day... and you can afford the T5 Excelsior for as long as you play STO on your character.

I don't know, I'm sure you can come up with plenty other things to save up 15$ on.

Also, the T3 is free and available for in-game currency, if you like the Excelsior and want to fly it, you know? It's still the Excelsior!