Lt. Commander
Just an idea.

I think this would ease the tension with the lifetimers who feel may feel betrayed.

If you think about it, someone who has plopped down $300 (or whatever it is) has definitely already paid their share towards the resources it takes to develop for the C-Store.

Plus, it'd be another incentive for people to purchase the lifetime sub. Maybe even just a 25-75% discount?

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-26-2010, 04:52 PM
While I can't agree with making C-store items free for us lifers... Cryptic has to make their money off us somehow :p I certainly wouldn't be averse to having a small discount off either the price of the points or off the items in the store. Just something to let the lifers know that they're "speshul"
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Seeing as how lifetimers don't even begin to see returns on their investment for 20 months (roughly), I don't see why Cryptic can't loosen their grip on some virtual goods for those who have invested for the long haul.

I'm on a monthly sub... but if there were C-Store benefits for lifetimers... I'd definatly take another look.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehutson
Just an idea.

I think this would ease the tension with the lifetimers who feel may feel betrayed.

If you think about it, someone who has plopped down $300 (or whatever it is) has definitely already paid their share towards the resources it takes to develop for the C-Store.

Plus, it'd be another incentive for people to purchase the lifetime sub. Maybe even just a 25-75% discount?

Thoughts?
LTS here <--- doesn't feel 'betrayed' in the slightest. At the 17 month mark, I'll be saving money from that point forward. I read the deal and knew what I was getting when I clicked 'buy'; so I don't know why any other LTS player would feel somehow 'betrayed' YMMV.

Again, item stores (and items with advantages are NOTHING NEW to subscription based MMOs - and WoW made a friggin' mist off their $25.00 'Sparkle Pony'; so if you want to blame anyone for starting a trend - blame Blizzard.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Lol free for lifers? you guys already save alot of cash by paying a one off subscription fee then no more monthly charges what else should you get?

Why should monthly subscribers have to pay for c-store items if you guys were to get them for free?
Once again this shows that there's a two tier society emerging in STO, the lifers who think that they should get everything on a plate for free and the monthly subscribers whose cash pays to keep the game running.

Makes me laugh.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Even if you don't feel betrayed, you gotta admit that'd sweeten the deal.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehutson
Even if you don't feel betrayed, you gotta admit that'd sweeten the deal.
Oh yeah, after 20months with that idea, do you know who will be whining on the forums? CRYPTIC thats who! They will be whining how they wont be making enough $$$ because of us LTS! Why cant they just leave LTS ALONE???!!! WAAUGGHAAAA
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2010, 05:34 PM
I like this idea even though I am not a lifer.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
and WoW made a friggin' mist off their $25.00 'Sparkle Pony'; so if you want to blame anyone for starting a trend - blame Blizzard.
Blizzard wasn't the trend starter by a longshot.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd expect something like this if and only if STO went F2P
Closed Thread