Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Just an idea.

I think this would ease the tension with the lifetimers who feel may feel betrayed.

If you think about it, someone who has plopped down $300 (or whatever it is) has definitely already paid their share towards the resources it takes to develop for the C-Store.

Plus, it'd be another incentive for people to purchase the lifetime sub. Maybe even just a 25-75% discount?

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-26-2010, 04:52 PM
While I can't agree with making C-store items free for us lifers... Cryptic has to make their money off us somehow :p I certainly wouldn't be averse to having a small discount off either the price of the points or off the items in the store. Just something to let the lifers know that they're "speshul"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Seeing as how lifetimers don't even begin to see returns on their investment for 20 months (roughly), I don't see why Cryptic can't loosen their grip on some virtual goods for those who have invested for the long haul.

I'm on a monthly sub... but if there were C-Store benefits for lifetimers... I'd definatly take another look.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehutson
Just an idea.

I think this would ease the tension with the lifetimers who feel may feel betrayed.

If you think about it, someone who has plopped down $300 (or whatever it is) has definitely already paid their share towards the resources it takes to develop for the C-Store.

Plus, it'd be another incentive for people to purchase the lifetime sub. Maybe even just a 25-75% discount?

Thoughts?
LTS here <--- doesn't feel 'betrayed' in the slightest. At the 17 month mark, I'll be saving money from that point forward. I read the deal and knew what I was getting when I clicked 'buy'; so I don't know why any other LTS player would feel somehow 'betrayed' YMMV.

Again, item stores (and items with advantages are NOTHING NEW to subscription based MMOs - and WoW made a friggin' mist off their $25.00 'Sparkle Pony'; so if you want to blame anyone for starting a trend - blame Blizzard.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Lol free for lifers? you guys already save alot of cash by paying a one off subscription fee then no more monthly charges what else should you get?

Why should monthly subscribers have to pay for c-store items if you guys were to get them for free?
Once again this shows that there's a two tier society emerging in STO, the lifers who think that they should get everything on a plate for free and the monthly subscribers whose cash pays to keep the game running.

Makes me laugh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Even if you don't feel betrayed, you gotta admit that'd sweeten the deal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehutson
Even if you don't feel betrayed, you gotta admit that'd sweeten the deal.
Oh yeah, after 20months with that idea, do you know who will be whining on the forums? CRYPTIC thats who! They will be whining how they wont be making enough $$$ because of us LTS! Why cant they just leave LTS ALONE???!!! WAAUGGHAAAA
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-26-2010, 05:34 PM
I like this idea even though I am not a lifer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
and WoW made a friggin' mist off their $25.00 'Sparkle Pony'; so if you want to blame anyone for starting a trend - blame Blizzard.
Blizzard wasn't the trend starter by a longshot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I'd expect something like this if and only if STO went F2P
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:49 AM.