Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: Weekly Episodes
08-26-2010, 06:39 PM
I just finished playing through our first weekly episode, "Cold Call" which releases this Saturday, August 28th, at 11:00 a.m. PDT (18:00 GMT), and was reminded that it's time for another Ask Cryptic!

This month, we'd love to answer as many questions as we can about the new weekly episodes. So, if you have questions, post them below! We've got answers!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Will there be non-combat episodes? Mank Trek episodes were all about AVOIDING violence, through diplomacy, politics, or even clever brinksmanship.

Will there be PvP or other competitive mechanics built into any weekly episode content? Perhaps something ongoing like the War Zone systems? Or Fleet Action-like?

Will we ever have a chance to make a decision that actually affects an episode's outcome? Some of the recent missions featured player choices that seemed to be heading in this this direction, and you can fail a diplomacy mission (but restart it afterwards). Could any of these things lead to alternate rewards?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-26-2010, 06:47 PM
It was mentioned that completing one series of weekly episodes before the next series starts gives some kind of special reward.

Is that account wide or do i have to do the weekly missions nine times ?!

And, any hint on what those rewards are ?

Federation and Klingon players are supposed to have their unique version of the weekly episodes.

So, they canīt team up ?

Any plans on doing some sort of competetive gameplay to earn favor with the Deferi ?

Thanks.

P.S: Will the weekly episodes have any diplomatic xp tied into them or some of them, as the focus seems to be establishing good relations with another species ?
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post

Will we ever have a chance to make a decision that actually affects an episode's outcome? Some of the recent missions featured player choices that seemed to be heading in this this direction, and you can fail a diplomacy mission (but restart it afterwards). Could any of these things lead to alternate rewards?
Here, here...

There's nothing I want more than the chance to succeed or fail, or know degrees of success and failure, based on my own merit. Games without choices are not games, they are just toys. Weekly episodes are a great concept, and whatching more trek is high on my list of things the universe needs, but participating in new trek is my nerdgasm of nerdgasms.

Will I see choices, levels of success and failure, and maybe even changes to the sector map based on the overall performance of federation and klingon players?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Will we be able to play these episode missions in two weeks? Three weeks? A month? Will these missions only be playable on the week they are released?

I hope we can play them from here on out.

In fact, I would love to see a replay feature, just to go back and enjoy a mission I particularly enjoyed over again. Some of them are really cool and it would be fun to replay on a character I really love.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Where can I start this mission on the Klingon side? I cant seem to go to Breen Space
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Will dstahl's Ten Forward thread for Mission Ideas be used by the devs? There's a lot neat ideas there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2010, 07:16 PM
The Breen have some unique powers, like the Transphasic Cluster Torpedo and Cryo Grenade. Will any of these be making their way into player hands?
Quote:
Where can I start this mission on the Klingon side? I cant seem to go to Breen Space
It won't start until Saturday.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Roughly how many episodes will constitute any given series?
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Any chance of players getting an opportunity to have an impact on the ongoing story? The Defera concept kind of reminds me of Sherman's planet (and some of the live events from MxO) and it would be pretty cool if there were some way for player actions in-game to affect things.
Closed Thread