Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-29-2010, 02:43 AM
Is it goofed? I thought it just tried to start you near the fighting.
Quote:
Never have trouble trouble with spawn camping in general fights start at 15k away from spawn point and slowly move to the middle of the map, unless federation get wiped out in which case it does not matter as they will die anyway.
Well, that's a bit of a seperate issue.. when klingons get wiped they just regroup in cloak, feds never get a chance to recover
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-29-2010, 08:45 AM
This may seem like a crazy suggestions.... install a EPS unit.
If you are having issues with respawning with zero power, go back to one eps unit. The way they work right now one EPS should have you up to almost full power in seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-29-2010, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
When you die and respawn in an arena match your ship starts at zero power levels. Your ship is vulnerable - aux powers are weak and you have no firepower. But we all know that FvK arena matches almost invariably end up at the Fed spawn point. And if the feds start getting rolled their ships start getting targeted on spawn when they are very weak in most aspects.

I don't think this is good gameplay and its not necessary to start ships off at zero power. In a PVP match ships should start at 50/50/50/50, imo.

A small fix but it would be a good one.
It's a trade off: If you stay close to your spawn point, you will get ganked if things go badly. But if you're not doing badly, any ships you do loose will be right there available to start shooting after one measily weapon battery.

So... if this is a problem, might I suggest moving away from your spawn point?
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-29-2010, 10:57 PM
In most arena matches I've been in the Feds sit at their spawn point until being attacked. That's why the fight is right at their respawn point. If the Klingons wouldn't move to the Fed spawn point, there wouldn't be a fight at all, or it would take 10 minutes at least to begin.

On my Klingon I've never had a problem with spawning and being attacked, since the fight is usually at the other end of the map from where I spawn.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-29-2010, 11:09 PM
klingons spawn at 0 power too, and feds could move to kdf spawn point, i wait thats logicaly, the federation knows nothing of logic with spock gone, my bad. /sarcasm off
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-30-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
This may seem like a crazy suggestions.... install a EPS unit.
I do have an EPS unit. It shouldn't be a requirement to mount one just to help resist being spawn camped though. Even with an EPS, going from 0 to 100 power takes aaages under fire. Especially if you are not using a T5 EPS unit. (ie.. t1-t4 pvp). During which time you are essentially ineffective.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-30-2010, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogital View Post
In most arena matches I've been in the Feds sit at their spawn point until being attacked. That's why the fight is right at their respawn point. If the Klingons wouldn't move to the Fed spawn point, there wouldn't be a fight at all, or it would take 10 minutes at least to begin.

On my Klingon I've never had a problem with spawning and being attacked, since the fight is usually at the other end of the map from where I spawn.
The way of fighting for KDF is inbuilt. As soon as we spawn we cloak and full impusle towards the enemy. Feds on the other hand do not have any such traditions on the whole as everyone is a bit wary of doing anything on their own for fear of getting picked off. Hence a cycle of lack of initiative is born.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Lately in the arena's I've been in at least. the ones who stay at the spawn point get picked off.. The rest are harder to find.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
The way of fighting for KDF is inbuilt. As soon as we spawn we cloak and full impusle towards the enemy. Feds on the other hand do not have any such traditions on the whole as everyone is a bit wary of doing anything on their own for fear of getting picked off. Hence a cycle of lack of initiative is born.
I think it is more an artifact of the whole cloak/impulse thing. When respawning on the Klingon side, I cloak and get the chance to get my bearings again before heading off. When respawning on the Fed side, I pop up as a target and it draws in the Klingons towards the spawn point.

Repeat that pattern enough times and the center point of the fight naturally migrates to the Fed spawn point, player instincts or not.

Think of it this way. Suppose you could have PvE PvP, where there's an AI fighting your group in a PvP area. This would still happen as the AI would target the visible enemy and head in that direction. It wouldn't see the cloaked ships, but it would see the uncloaked ones.

I'd wager that if you play-tested this with a group of five Defiant-Rs and five damaged-cloak Klingon ships that it wouldn't be too long before the Feds are "spawn camping".
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-30-2010, 10:18 AM
The Feds do and have, it just doesn't seem to happen as often because most Klinks don't hang around that long. Most Feds do. There is no good reason that upon entering you can't skip 20km towards the nearest object for a little environmental cover and still form up a decent defense. People just don't and then want to gripe at the other players for taking advantage of their poor decisions.