Lt. Commander
# 1 emblems, pvp, and rewards
08-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Well I just did my 3 emblems for the day. And about 30 arena matches.
I'm really not interested in playing verses npc's. And pretty much play this game only for space pvp. Something I've probably been waiting for since the sega startrek days.

The rewards seem rather poor as I can now buy a ton of green mk x gear. Gear not useful at all given that there are green mk xi and mk xii on the exchange.

Not really sure why I should be forced to farm versus very boring npc's who's moves are predictable and occasionally run into walls or what I call cheating (bugs). The game would get very boring for me in those circumstances and I'd probably stop playing.

Just seems the gear for pvp rewards seems to need an upgrade.. maybe some green mk xi or xii stuff?

Also I might note at the current emblem rate I might be able to buy my first antiproton xi gun in about a week. With the cost difference I'd much rather be earning the rewards for the purple mk x gear. At least I can get a gun every 2 days.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-27-2010, 12:54 AM
The Medal store could use an update, however that'll probably come when the next level cap and pvp tier increase arrive. Until then emblem/marks gear is the best and easiest to obtain.

Also, upgrading your tac consoles to blue XI is a better upgrade than one gun from purple X to XI. They are very similar (or the exactly the same depending on rounding) overall DPS boost, but tac consoles are cheaper and work on all ships/weapon slots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-27-2010, 05:01 AM
Where can I trade these emblems? on Fed side
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-27-2010, 09:48 AM
What about a repeatable quest like in azlesa for reduced rewards. Like 15 arena matches, one emblem.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-27-2010, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enignite View Post
The Medal store could use an update, however that'll probably come when the next level cap and pvp tier increase arrive. Until then emblem/marks gear is the best and easiest to obtain.

Also, upgrading your tac consoles to blue XI is a better upgrade than one gun from purple X to XI. They are very similar (or the exactly the same depending on rounding) overall DPS boost, but tac consoles are cheaper and work on all ships/weapon slots.
I leveled so fast I only got a chance to earn one purple x gun. The rest are green mk xi.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baos
What about a repeatable quest like in azlesa for reduced rewards. Like 15 arena matches, one emblem.
I'd love that. I do a lot of arenas even though there are no rewards, but it would be nice to actually work towward something.

I'd also really love if there were some sort of token given for every pvp mission, redeemable for Mk XI green gear. Still have the Emblems for the purples, but allow another way to gear up which is faster, but with lower quality gear.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-30-2010, 11:00 PM
I wonder what cryptic has to say about this?