Lt. Commander
# 1 Instance Loading Delays?
08-24-2010, 05:44 AM
The problem that I have experienced, is where trying to do a 'explore unknown system' or 'Diplomatic Investigation', the screen goes to the loading screen and remains there with a very slow load, until the computer times out.

This has been going on since before the last update/patch, I have been unable to do any nebula/cluster instance, up to and including B'tran (VA).

I am, as you can imagine very frustrated, since i would like to do both all my dailies and the Diplomatic missions, but am forced to twiddle my thumbs. Some of my friends seemed to be similarly affected whilst others aren't.
I would like to see how many people are also experiencing the same issues? And what if anything Cryptic/STO are doing to resolve this issue? And more importantly when?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-24-2010, 08:21 AM
I tried to get into BīTran right now and I couldnīt enter a freakin single mission.

sigh @ Cryptic really.

Donīt tell me that I canīt do my daily half hour of gameplay that is still left for me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Yes, having the same problem at the moment in the Rolor Nebula.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Forced Verify
08-25-2010, 07:35 AM
I searched through the forums for this problem. The solution that worked for me was to select force verify under options upon startup. There was a .hogg file that had not updated properly in regards to the exploration instances. So, far I have not had any further problems. Luckily, I never had a desktop crash, but the server would previously time out. It does hang now for about 10 to 15 seconds, but it does load properly now. Hope this will help someone else
Lt. Commander
# 5 Bugs Bugs Bugs
08-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Your not the only one that that has happened. I think each mission is randomized and it dumps you into a queue for the random mission. Except the server it picks might be down for repair or updating content so you get dumped off the server for being idle to long or due to a server diconect.

So It is happening to everyone.

Other issues:
Vice Admeral Btr area the scan mini game during random missions does not give you any R&D cards.

Aid the planet Vice Admeral I gave 20 stem bolts to a planet and I got no gift from them.

On ground missions somtimes a group of enemys will be under level so they die easy, and you get a level 1 shield.

Scan 5 anomalies mission you scan play the mini game then get nothing.

It just more of those game code bugs we all lean to live with.

I will say PVP system is better.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaharia View Post
I searched through the forums for this problem. The solution that worked for me was to select force verify under options upon startup. There was a .hogg file that had not updated properly in regards to the exploration instances. So, far I have not had any further problems. Luckily, I never had a desktop crash, but the server would previously time out. It does hang now for about 10 to 15 seconds, but it does load properly now. Hope this will help someone else
Force verify did nothing for me. The only missions I can do are Empire Defense e Fleet Actions. Nothing more...

Do you know which file exactly so I can try to delete it?

Never mind: found it. It is ../piggs/dynamic.hogg. Just delete it and Force Verify. Problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Confirming the fix. Worked for me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaiks View Post
Force verify did nothing for me. The only missions I can do are Empire Defense e Fleet Actions. Nothing more...

Do you know which file exactly so I can try to delete it?

Never mind: found it. It is ../piggs/dynamic.hogg. Just delete it and Force Verify. Problem solved.
THANK YOU. Finally got in one...