Lt. Commander
# 21
08-30-2010, 05:49 AM
I'm backing up the Original Poster on this issue. Deep Space Encounters need a serious redesign, and until they get that redesign there is no upside to being randomly sucked into one. All the roaming DSE traps do is make me feel extremely un-heroic as I creep around them trying to avoid notice.

I don't know of anyone who views the roaming DSE traps in a positive light. So I guess the only reason we still have them in sector space is that Cryptic hates their customers and wants to drive them all away???
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-30-2010, 10:47 AM
They are annoying at times, but if I don't feel like fighting I just warp out. Part of me feels like it actually adds to the Star Trek feel of the game. In Star Trek, space isn't kind all the time.

Yesterday, I got surprise-warped into a Gorn match while patroling Regulus. Emerged right in the middle of about 12 ships, most of them cruisers. There was another player there, and I have no idea how we got out of it--I was just trying to survive and keep the other player alive, but we managed to and destroyed every last one of them. I think it was the funnest surprise-warp I have ever been in.