Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 111
08-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik_77
Well this mission is impossible for me... everything is going well, no problems with the ground mission and the 1st part in space with the cruisers is no problem either. But that battleship is impossible for me. I'm Lieutenant Commander 8 (Science Officer) in a science vessel. [...]
What difficulty were you on? At LtC 2 Sci in a Nova, the fight took me a while (though nowhere near an hour or any deaths) but didn't present too many problems. I'm also very surprised you didn't have anyone volunteer to help; you must have been on at a "bad" time, because there were people all over when I was online last night who were volunteering assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSPhoenix2009
i hope its not gonna be buggy like on btran cluster
I've ran through "Cold Call" and the daily "Aid the Deferi" missions 3 times now (VA Tactical Officer, LtC Science Officer, and LtC KDF Engineering Officer), and I haven't had any issues with bugs. Well, the one possible exception is that Assist Outpost 3 includes "Wait for Reinforcements" on its entries but reinforcements don't seem to actually arise, so I just moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooiue View Post
errr...I cant do the puzzle. it doesnt give me the option
Use individual rally points to place each of your away team members on one of the four spaces at the corners of the top of the ruin, then place your PC on the middle piece. After that, you'll be able to activate the other squares on the ruin to figure out the puzzle.
Lt. Commander
# 112
08-29-2010, 10:03 AM
I'd just like to comment on what a great job you guys did making the city it felt really alive. I love the little touch of the ships/shuttles flying over head really made the city come to life. Hopefully you can continue to add nice little touches like this to the rest of the game. Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 113 Success Message
08-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Have I completed it successfully when my officer says "we have the first part of the star map, record it to your tricorder for later" or do I have to get other parts of it?
Lt. Commander
# 114
08-29-2010, 10:59 AM
The missions are great. Well done.

I just wish the special reward wasn't a one-use item...
Lt. Commander
# 115
08-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizen_Giggles View Post
Have I completed it successfully when my officer says "we have the first part of the star map, record it to your tricorder for later" or do I have to get other parts of it?
That's all, for now.
Lt. Commander
# 116
08-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailfoot View Post
The missions are great. Well done.

I just wish the special reward wasn't a one-use item...
it's 20 uses, I believe, and yesterday during the episode dStahl said it was rechargeable
Lt. Commander
# 117
08-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
ADDENDUM

Aid the Deferi - daily patrol mission - Additional Info
  • This mission asks you to patrol 3 locations
    • Deferi Outpost 3 is located in the Defera Sector
    • Kelvani Belt is located in the Raveh Sector
    • Deferi Patrol is not on the map - it is a Deferi Patrol ships that wanders between the Defera System and the Kelvani Belt. Fly up to the ship as it is traveling int he Defera Sector to begin that patrol
    • There are currently no "Emblems" awarded for completing Aid the Deferi at level 51. We are considering adding these.
  • There are addtional daily missions that can be found while running the patrols for Aid the Deferi, but these "side" missions are not required to complete Aid the Deferi - only the primary mission when you arrive on the map.
  • There is a chance each day for a different mission to take place at the 3 patrol locations, so if you leave a patrol map uncomplete one day and return another day, the mission may have changed.
  • There are a few new accolades that can only be completed while running the Aid the Deferi patrols as they require objectives that can only be found in these maps.

Defera - Preserver Ruins
Several players have noted that there appears to be a puzzle of sorts a the preserver ruins on Defera and by completing this puzzle, your bridge officer will alert you that you've found part of a star chart. This is in relationship to a future episode, and will be explained in upcoming weeks where you will have a chance to study the ruin in more detail.

Defera - Ferengi Merchant
There is a merchant on Defera that is setting up shop but is not yet selling anything. As the story progresses and players encounter more Breen, he will have more goods to sell...
  • Thanks for the Addendum.
  • I love the little side sub-mission in Outpost 3... and the accolade, Satellite Repairman... lol Classic!
  • Puzzle at ruins. Check. Got it. But I have a question - If I'm teamed with a Friend and one of us gets the "load in your tricorder message" is this "unlock" granted to both of us, or just the person that got the BO message?
  • Ferengi Merchant with good to sell that relate to meeting Breen, eh? Sweet!
  • Most importantly... I'd like to re-submit my vote that the Dailies provide some Emblems for us VA. Please and Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 118
08-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Overall Great Job!

Pros
  1. Nice Title - I love the opening screen with the title "Cold Call" in big letters. Feels like a Strek Episode.
  2. City is Amazing - Love the architecture and the feeling of bogness. The buidings are very nice and so is the park in the middle.
  3. Good Story - The story is outstanding, from landing on the planet, to the ambush, the clearing of the city, the presesrver ruins and even the space bettles. Good transitions and it all works well together.
  4. Ships Flying - This was very nicely done. Small details that added a lot.
  5. Crowd - People moving everywhere.
  6. Love the Content Overall - Overall, this we very well done.
  7. Dailies - Also, very well done, good tranistions fun to repeat.

Cons
  • Chain Roots - During the ambush and clearing of the city I was held/rooted more times that I care to count. 50% or more of the time I was an observer and not a participant. I prevailed but that is not the point. Chain roots are not fun.
  • Gunfire in Crowd - The crowd, with exception to the chicken $h1t ambassador, did not react to the gun fire. Some walked right through it. They should at least run away in panic.
  • Loot - I like the grenade reward but other than that nothing really dropped that was useful.
  • Reward - Same issues as the loot but since I am already VA1 I get merit points and bridge officer poitns which I already have a ton of.

Having said all of this I want more. Even with the Cons listed the Pros out weight them overall.

MORE MORE MORE!
Lt. Commander
# 119
08-29-2010, 02:57 PM
[*]Puzzle at ruins. Check. Got it. But I have a question - If I'm teamed with a Friend and one of us gets the "load in your tricorder message" is this "unlock" granted to both of us, or just the person that got the BO message?[*]Ferengi Merchant with good to sell that relate to meeting Breen, eh? Sweet![*]Most importantly... I'd like to re-submit my vote that the Dailies provide some Emblems for us VA. Please and Thanks.[/list][/quote]

Totally agree.
Lt. Commander
# 120
08-29-2010, 03:15 PM
what about if you missed the puzzle in cold call ?