Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 151
09-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
first off you need to go to k belt, one of the two missions will let you pick up the ore. defeat all the enemies and they will say talk to the administrator. then fly down to the bottom asteroid near the main base and there will be an option to pick up the ore and place it in your inventory (like loot) then leave the k belt

fly down to outpost 3 and enter the normal zone (if you enter a combat version as part of the daily you will probably need to complete that mission before passing on the ore)
Ah! I need to pu the Ore in the K-Belt. Didn't do that. Gotcha. Thanks for the details! Hopefully will get the Ore Mission again and be able to finish it.
Lt. Commander
# 152
09-03-2010, 08:38 AM
also found the second version of the patrol mission, although no side mission that i could see

so in total i have found 8 missions so far

patrol x2
k belt x2
outpost x2
ore delivery
satellite repair

there are also meant to be some capitol ships randomly roaming about these locations but i have yet to find them
Lt. Commander
# 153
09-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I love Cold Call. Very cool. And I like finally learning the secret of the Jeska.

Keep these episodes coming.
Lt. Commander
# 154 Special Rewards
09-03-2010, 09:35 AM
Seeing how there trying reboot the game it may be a real nice item to bring people back. Making it so you can only can get it for a limited time screams nice item.
Lt. Commander
# 155
09-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Tipping the Scales (Aid the Deferi 5 times) is buggged.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=179046

Please post above if you're having the same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 156
09-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Tipping the Scales (Aid the Deferi 5 times) is buggged.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=179046

Please post above if you're having the same problem.
yep i am and i know several others have
Lt. Commander
# 157
09-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I just finished the first Cold Call mission on Elite skill ( as Science Captain 8), so here's my take:

As mentioned before the freeze-weapons from the Breen are a little overpowered, as I had to respawn on the ground about 5 times. If you play this mission on Elite be sure to bring lots of regenerators and healing shots, and a few ship components. My ship blew up one time, too, from a single massive beam and torpedo barrage from one of the bigger Breen battleships.

For combatting the Breen on the ground I couldn't find any valid freeze-resist abilities or equipment, so I had to keep my BOs spread-out and constantly keep my distance from the freeze-grenades. I had to use every Sci-ability in the bag. I relied heavily on nano-probe infestation, mind-meld (I'm a Vulcan), neural neutralizer (so they wouldn't target me) and Tachyon Beam to carry me through. The Breen seemed highly susceptiable to Tachyon Beam on the ground, at least for knocking them over.

Overall the Breen are probably the toughest race to fight on Elite next to the Hirogens (I haven't fought the Borg, yet).
Lt. Commander
# 158
09-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
It should be started in Kelvani Belt after finishing the first part, however it didn't activate for me when I was going there the last time (with my 4th character), so it might be it is not always available. Not sure I can explain it much better.

Agree it is not easy, however, the last group didn't manage to kill any of my team on all of my four characters (playing on normal).

Also, I was first telling my team to target the boss (since my team at least has one stun gun) the boss didn't manage to make a few good shots at us.
Agreed, that is what I did the first time and was lucky and got some crits on him. The 2nd time I was on my captain and not my admiral and almost wiped out.

However, they have adjusted it to where we get Emblems and the fix to prevent chain freezes is in. It seems to have done the trip. The cryo gun is still a formidable weapon, it will still hand you your but on a frozen silver platter but you can at least dig yourself out of a bad situation.

I would like to thank the devs for putting the emblem reward but the recent fixes.
Lt. Commander
# 159
09-04-2010, 05:38 PM
I just completed the second episode. I thought it was very fun. Another Win! And yes, thanks for the Emblems on the Dailies!

I think the Breen weapons are perfect now. Getting rid of the chianing stun is all it took. They're powerful, but they're supposed to be tough. Don't like it? Try playing on advance or normal. Elite is just that.

(I'd like to put another vote in here for a separate slider for Space/Ground, or at least let us switch mid-mission. I'd love to play Space battles on Elite and Ground on Advance. As is, I'm stuck on Advance in Space cuz I'm not good enough for ground Elite (and I'm ok with that )).
Lt. Commander
# 160 Out in the Cold
09-04-2010, 06:31 PM
The Breen can still chain cryo hold you and your party in mission 'Out in the Cold'