Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 71
08-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I, too, wish to show my support for this episode. Very much enjoyed it, the Breen were actually a challenge and the planet's city was great. I'll do the daily somewhen soon.
Lt. Commander
# 72
08-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Really liked the mission. Nice to see a city with people in it. But darn it I missed getting the star map at the ruins. Well have to go back with another toon.

Thanks dStahl, Devs... looking forward to nest Saturday
Lt. Commander
# 73
08-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
I've completed the episodes and the Daily mission chain. This is my feedback

...I was a bit disappointed that Vice-Admirals got absolutely no Emblems out of an elaborate mission chains that's termed a 'daily' - how hard is it to write in "if PC is level 51 to 55, give him 7 emblems"?

...Also, I'm not a big fan of the huge text that appears to tell me the episode name, or the name of the location. It's like SO BIG IT'S LIKE ITS OVERCOMPENSATING FOR SOMETHING.

...A big thank you to the Devs for the first weekly episode out. I thought it was a nice ride.
Zoberraz somes it up nicely. I agree with just about everything he writes. I greatly enjoyed these last couple of hours playing STO. I'm gonna love new weekly missions!!!

To touch further though, I have to give a big +1 on the VAs not getting Emblems. I mean really. We don't need the XP/BO XP, and probably don't need the merits. Please reconsider this for the future. I'd love 7 emblems, but considering the other Dailies, even if we only got 1-3, I'd be happy.

I didn't mind the episode titles in concept, but I thought the font/antialiasing looked "cheap" - needs a little sprucing. Also, I saw someone else suggest this elsewhere, I'd like to see the weekly episodes come with a "Title Sequence" like the TV shows did. Just a 15-30s animation, maybe even some kind of theme song, possible voice over ("Space the final frontier, these are the continuing voyages of a Starship Officer..." idk... something like that) ... That would be friggin' AWESOME! Make it optional, or click-throughable, so people who don't like it/get bored by it, etc can get on with their lives (and not complain (much) about it).

So yeah, THANK YOU CRYPTIC ... This was mucho-fun! I really can't wait to tune in next week on this same bat channel...
Lt. Commander
# 74
08-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaar1
Really liked the mission. Nice to see a city with people in it. But darn it I missed getting the star map at the ruins. Well have to go back with another toon.

Thanks dStahl, Devs... looking forward to nest Saturday
What's that about a star map at the ruins?
Lt. Commander
# 75
08-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Fantastic job on "Cold Call" and the daily missions!
Lt. Commander
# 76
08-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Great job. The Breen were a bit tougher than other fights, and that was great. I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes.
Any chance we can acquire a Deferi Bridge Officer. To "restore balance" maybe?

Definitely keep making these episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 77
08-28-2010, 03:30 PM
+1 for my vote - more of these in the future... good fun to have a break from the usual grind over the weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 78 spoiler
08-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
What's that about a star map at the ruins?
SPOLIER

During the mission before you beam off planet go to the top of the ruins. it's a sort of puzzle
Lt. Commander
# 79
08-28-2010, 03:48 PM
After completing the episode I still enjoyed it, my only real complaint is that the Breen stun a little too much (be it with their cryo-grenades or in space their tractor beams), but otherwise an overall good experience.

The battleship IS hard to kill, and to my knowledge, I never really caused much damage to the shields, so I am wondering if my sucess was helped a bit by my 3 torpedo setup (1 Quantum, and 1 Transphasic fore and 1 Tricobalt rear all purple).

I am glad the daily mission can change, I wouldn't look forward to doing the 3 I did again,(rescue outpost, investigate asteroid base (space) and the patrol). At least it took a while at VA, hoping my lobie chars can get it done quicker
Lt. Commander
# 80
08-28-2010, 04:01 PM
Nevermind /10char