Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 81
08-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Really enjoyed the episode. Hopefully the Deferi homeworld will give a basis for developing Starfleet Command in San Francisco because its been seven months I want my captain to go where every man has gone before -- Earth.
Lt. Commander
# 82
08-28-2010, 06:17 PM
this is what we'eve all been waiting for...nice work Cryptic...now it would really be nice if the Federation and the KDF had to work together against a common foe...Fed+KDF teams would be awsome
Lt. Commander
# 83
08-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaar1
SPOLIER

During the mission before you beam off planet go to the top of the ruins. it's a sort of puzzle

is there more ot it past where your Boff said they got the first part of the map saved to tricorder?
Lt. Commander
# 84
08-28-2010, 06:27 PM
I really enjoyed this! Adding the daily patrols to the pot really adds something, too. I played through with my Galaxy-R and had a lot of fun doing it. The Breen are easily the most challenging yet. On the ground the first group managed to take out some of my BOs, and took me out once so I had to respawn. On Normal.

Breen ships require a lot of diligence (and Polarize Hull!) and a quick hand on every power you can get your hands on.

I like the idea of the Title Card, but honestly it does need some sprucing up.

Looking forward to next week!
Lt. Commander
# 85
08-28-2010, 06:32 PM
[quote=PatricianVetinari] I have to give a big +1 on the VAs not getting Emblems. I mean really. We don't need the XP/BO XP, and probably don't need the merits. Please reconsider this for the future. I'd love 7 emblems
/QUOTE]

Agreed.
It was an enjoyable hour!, but I'm a VA1 at cap, skills points, don't do my any good, I've got more bridge officer skill points than I think I will ever use. The merits haven't been of much use to me lately either. Emblems, however, have value to me. If you are going to reward us, please give VA1 characters something that we can use.

Oh, and I got several lower tier drops in this episode, (almost all actually) I thought that that had been fixed

All in all, a good job! I look forward to next weeks! Really!
Lt. Commander
# 86
08-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Lol I totally forgot to go ontop of the ruins after I completed the mission on my main :p

Oh well....maybe I can help a fellow fleetmate out with the mission and go to the ruins again lol
Lt. Commander
# 87
08-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Great work with the new episode. And finally some challenging but not extremely hard ground enemies as well. I had a good time through and through. Also, that Cluster Tricobalt Torpedo that the Breen ship at the end of the mission had was beast. I want one!
Lt. Commander
# 88
08-28-2010, 07:08 PM
[quote=lancemikemack;2991553]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I have to give a big +1 on the VAs not getting Emblems. I mean really. We don't need the XP/BO XP, and probably don't need the merits. Please reconsider this for the future. I'd love 7 emblems
/QUOTE]

Agreed.
It was an enjoyable hour!, but I'm a VA1 at cap, skills points, don't do my any good, I've got more bridge officer skill points than I think I will ever use. The merits haven't been of much use to me lately either. Emblems, however, have value to me. If you are going to reward us, please give VA1 characters something that we can use.

Oh, and I got several lower tier drops in this episode, (almost all actually) I thought that that had been fixed

All in all, a good job! I look forward to next weeks! Really!
I have 100k BO skill points or so. I play around with various power configs to see how they work.
Lt. Commander
# 89
08-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Very good, reallly fun! Thumbs up to Cryptic!

Lt. Commander
# 90 Cold Call
08-29-2010, 12:00 AM
I really enjoyed this!

From the outset, the Deferi city was by far the best locale in the game, with the exception of DS9. (BTW, DS9 could stand to have a few more NPC's milling about, though perhaps not as many as in the Deferi city.) I loved how big the map felt when running about, the ship landing platform complete with fighers (assumed,) the multitude of ships overhead, the towering structures, ALL of this is what I've been expecting to see in STO from Day 1, and it's finally been delivered. The only things I didn't care for (relatively minor,) were the overlapping circles on the ground (already in about 2/3 of every Federation-type building) and the all-too-familiar starmap texture floating over various objects. They weren't bad, just already overused. Again, I can live with this in comparison to the rest of the awesomeness in this city.

The story was pretty good, engaging without being too complex, and left you hanging at the end, like every good multipart story should.

Apparently I missed out on this Star Map? I went down to the ruins before beginning the mission so didn't feel compelled to go back to the top of the "pyramid" once it was complete. What is this thing and what does it do?

Cryptari: THANK YOU! My faith in STO has been replenished, if you can keep these missions up I will play forever. Or until I die. Whichever comes first. If STO causes an er3ction lasting more than 4 hours, I will call my physician immediately.