Lt. Commander
I was thinking about the C-Store and Tribble. We use the Tribble server for testing purposes, so why not allow us to test C-Store items? Here is my suggestion:

Create a C-Store specific to the Tribble server that allows players to purchase regular C-Store items for free, but the item expires in a few days. So for example today I log into Tribble and I can purchase an item, in 3 days that item expires. It gives me time to test it and see if I like it before purchasing the actual item, but also prevents people from using Tribble as a means to getting all the C-Store items for free.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-27-2010, 12:40 PM
what if it is a ship your testing, and you're current in space with it when it runs out?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-27-2010, 12:49 PM
A notice could pop up 10 minutes before telling you that it is going to expire soon and that you will be transported back to earth space dock. When the time runs out you will be auto-transported back to ESD, and your previous default ship will be set as your default. The C-Store ship will be removed and locked so you cannot access it again.

For uniforms a random default uniform could be set on your character at expiration of the c-store uniform.

These are just ideas, the devs are the best ones to decide how it should be implemented since they know how their code works.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Yes
08-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Open up the Test sever so people can get everything for free. Test sever character get deleted as rule so no major lose.