Lt. Commander
# 1 Crystalline Entity - Flawed
08-28-2010, 05:37 AM
It is my firm belief that the Crystaline Entity should not be given to you as a task until much later in the game.

At Lt. Commander, the instances are almost empty, an entire days worth of trying to beat it, and an average player count of 2 across the entire day (max 3 minimum just me). Even when we had 3 of us working against it, it never left 99%.

I've asked for help numerous times, and the general response is "Wait until you've maxed out your levels, because until then it's not possible". The almost overwhelming feedback that it's just not worth the effort reflects that the entire mission is almost pointless to try at low levels.

If it's the resounding opinion that this mission not even be looked at until you reach Rear Admiral, then, maybe it should be given to us when we reach that level, instead of taunting us so early on. Alternatively, let pre-made fleets/teams to instance together...

EDIT: Post your experiences and war stories with the Crystalline Entity here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
It is my firm belief that the Crystaline Entity should not be given to you as a task until much later in the game.

At Lt. Commander, the instances are almost empty, an entire days worth of trying to beat it, and an average player count of 2 across the entire day (max 3 minimum just me). Even when we had 3 of us working against it, it never left 99%.

I've asked for help numerous times, and the general response is "Wait until you've maxed out your levels, because until then it's not possible". The almost overwhelming feedback that it's just not worth the effort reflects that the entire mission is almost pointless to try at low levels.

If it's the resounding opinion that this mission not even be looked at until you reach Rear Admiral, then, maybe it should be given to us when we reach that level, instead of taunting us so early on. Alternatively, let pre-made fleets/teams to instance together...
I didnt complete it till I hit rear admiral lower half
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Still have not completed it and i have two RAUHs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-28-2010, 02:13 PM
okay, so 2 hours we managed to break it down to 33%... which lasted about 10 minutes, then it was back to 94%, now, we know all the "mechanics" of the level, these gutys were pretty savy on what to do.

I have a solution for you though Cryptic, suggested by one of the people in the instance I'm in; "Let the Klingons join us in the fight, they'd find it a glorious battle".
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-28-2010, 02:46 PM
C.E. needs an epic reward for completing at low level (something akin to the efficiency engines) and an epic reward for completing it at cap.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Flew past it today and wonder "oooooh, whats that?" After reading this thread i'm glad i didn't fly towards it lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-09-2010, 12:39 AM
I don't think we need to max our levels (I'm VA), master game mechanics and spend 3 hours to beat a low level quest, this mission is a piece of crap (and I intend offence, because there's no other way to describe it).
Make this mission is the idea of a sick joke on the devs part, wanting an unbeatable quest (unless you have 20 nerds, but that's unlikely unless you have a good fleet, and I certainly don't).

Beating this quest is about as likely as a new star trek series coming this year, and so are the devs fixing this apparently.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post

EDIT: Post your experiences and war stories with the Crystalline Entity here.
It's not reasonably completable now that Fleet Actions are level banded.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-09-2010, 12:56 AM
You know, i get the itch to try it to prove that its still beatable.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Cryptic needs to restore the old Crystaline Entity for the lower instances.

For Ramming Level Players, have an unrammable verison of the original CE.

For Admiral level players, have the current CE somewhat toned down that its completeable within 20 minutes.

With the rewards, make it level appropriate and reward all participants over a certain level (moochers get no reward). First place getting a Purple Ship Equipment. Admiral level, getting a very unique reward that's bound to the character.