Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Why in hell do I, in my BoP, keep getting put on teams with 3 or 4 other BoP?

You trying to tell me, that at that moment, in all those games, there wasn't a single Rapter, NeghVar, or Carrier anywhere trying to also enter the PvP queue? This seems to be happening more and more.

I just about can't take it anymore.

There was nothing to do Fed side at end game, cause there were never enough Klingons queued.
So I made a Klingon.
Now I can't use Eng Batts unless I switch after every damn time.
And now so often, I'm put on a team of all BoP's.
Maybe I would re-roll a NeghVar or Carrier captain...

BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY CHARACTER SLOTS LEFT!

Got, I'm so sick of Cryptic.

Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Well Auto-Balancing is meant to mean, no 3v5 teams or 2v6 teams or such, it DOESN'T mean that there is class-balance. It just meant that 5 klingon people that were queured up, were all BoP's (In regards to KvF), or the other team was a premade (in KvK) leaving the PuG's to be placed on one side. And the Battery (Consumables: Ground and Space) Situation is bugged right now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Fact: Alot of KDF folks fly BOPs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Balancing by class and ship is impossible.
There are too many variables.

Plus, what do you do then if populations are very one sided? we would never get a game going at all.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-28-2010, 03:34 PM
As I have done in the past. If everytime you go on there are only sci captains, then roll a tac.. If everytime you go on there are only bop's. Then choose to be the counter balance and drive something else. I myself drive a raptor but if game after game it seems unbalanced I swap for a carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-28-2010, 03:38 PM
Someone, I think in-game chat, mentioned it, so that's why I thought so.

Actually, why would it be so hard to do, assuming there were actually enough players w/ the required ships, to meet the quota?

1-2 Cruisers
1 Carrier
1-2 Raptors
1-2 BoP

And if those can't be found, then go with the next closest thing.

I mean, for real -- they can do every other thing, coding, etc., to make the game... but they can't do that? Nonsense. It would be simple in comparison to probably even dabo.

Either way, I don't care, as I'm gone in a week or two, probably for good, unless it goes F2P.

Lt. Commander
# 7
08-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArykGrev View Post
Someone, I think in-game chat, mentioned it, so that's why I thought so.

Actually, why would it be so hard to do, assuming there were actually enough players w/ the required ships, to meet the quota?

1-2 Cruisers
1 Carrier
1-2 Raptors
1-2 BoP

And if those can't be found, then go with the next closest thing.

I mean, for real -- they can do every other thing, coding, etc., to make the game... but they can't do that? Nonsense. It would be simple in comparison to probably even dabo.

Either way, I don't care, as I'm gone in a week or two, probably for good, unless it goes F2P.

As hinted at before this would clog up the q's. Additionally most won't like having team composition dictated to them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-28-2010, 05:13 PM
I personally don't feel like it's that big of a deal. If I'm PuGing I am happy to take what I get. If I ever want to have some say over what I'm flying with then that's what a fleet or the premade/organized PVP channels are for. I enjoy the randomness of PuG's.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-28-2010, 09:59 PM
They could put in a system a bit like they have in WoW where when you join a random group for someting you have to select your role.

Eg..

[ ] Damage dealer
[ ] Support (healer)
[ ] Electronic warfare

and then the group mechanic picks a balanced team if possible out of the people