Lt. Commander
# 1 Transwarp Griefing
08-28-2010, 10:29 AM
A lot of people are complaining that the new Excelsior is Overpowered.
And while that is debatable what is not debatable is that the Excelsior has introduced a new problem to PvP.

Transwarp Griefing.
Yes Transwarp Drive works when in systems, this includes PvP, and it is now possible to engage transwarp in a PvP match and leave at will(provided your not on a global cooldown).

This of course lets people grief by leaving games prematurely leaving a team one or several players short and everyone else stuck until the game is over.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Bug report it. No other transwarp works like that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-28-2010, 12:27 PM
You could leave a game prematurely anyway, with or without transwarp. It may make it easier, but taking it away won't stop people leaving a PvP match.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-28-2010, 01:02 PM
No it won't, but it will not be as encouraging as it is now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-28-2010, 04:57 PM
What a strange bug. You'd think they would've picked up in that rather obvious fault.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-28-2010, 05:01 PM
It's unfortunate that so many players are so good at setting out to find these things just to be obnoxious.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
It's unfortunate that so many players are so good at setting out to find these things just to be obnoxious.
I'm new to MMO's and the "greifers" thing is new to me. What's the point? I take it it's a lot like trolls.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
I'm new to MMO's and the "greifers" thing is new to me. What's the point? I take it it's a lot like trolls.
Yes. Trolls who enjoying causing grief to others for the fun of it. In Ultima I knew a Griefer who would upset players with a chair, a 1 foot square island and a teleport trap.
Set off the trap TP'ed you to a small one foot island with a single chair that you automatically sat in and could not leave due to the small size of the island, while the griefer would sail by in a canoe and laugh at you.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkameron View Post
What a strange bug. You'd think they would've picked up in that rather obvious fault.
How could anyone have picked up on that, when the C-Store stuff never gets tested?

And the T3 was tested for all of one whole day? On Tribble where PVP is a headache to manage?
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
In Ultima I knew a Griefer who would upset players with a chair, a 1 foot square island and a teleport trap.
Set off the trap TP'ed you to a small one foot island with a single chair that you automatically sat in and could not leave due to the small size of the island, while the griefer would sail by in a canoe and laugh at you.
Wow. That is evil. Evil enough that I almost sort of admire it. Actually, thats pretty damn funny. I can picture Nelson from The Simpsons in the canoe, pointing and yelling "Ha ha!"