Lt. Commander
# 1 LOVE Defera!!
08-28-2010, 12:11 PM
I just want to congratulate who ever designed and built Defera! It's one of the most gorgeous places in game so far!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I have to agree. It looks pretty good.
The ships flying around in the skybox that even make engine sounds was cool.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Both the Defera ground map and sector space were beautiful.

Top marks there Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I also believe it is a really well done location and it feels more alive than other ones in the game. Hope we can see some of this type of content added for other locations in the game like maybe Starfleet Academy.

I really liked the episode too and I would give it all an A+. Great stuff!
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-28-2010, 12:28 PM
i totally agree!
thumbs up
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-28-2010, 12:43 PM
I liked it alot, the sound effects and activity in the sky added alot to the planets feel and atmosphere. Though alot of the pieces used to make the park were Memory-Alpha bits...the use of them was decent enough for me to overlook it. I was hoping the sector space zone would be something new, and not a reused Pelia look, I was hoping that it would have the same lighting/style...but a different background and not the milky way again. A few suggestions to improve it would be:

Reduce the amount of crowds/NPCs walking around by half. These NPCs are just walking around blindly and add lag, reducing the number of them would be more realistic...the area is supposed to be a park, and not a city street. Reduce the number just a bit. Or just move some of them and sit them on the benches and other areas around the park, having all the NPCs walking around is meh.

Upon beaming in, the tall temple looking building at the far end..it would be cool if it had an interior..there is a door to the place and it would be cool to enter it and walk around. Just be sure to make the interior unique, different lighting..and be careful to to give it a Memory-Alpha feel.

Overall, its a well designed planet. And if my suggestions above were taken I can see it becoming a more often used social hub for players/RPing and stuff.

screen for the curious:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...13-35-40-1.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I loved the new missions, did them on fed and klingon
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-28-2010, 05:15 PM
The new sector was awsome i think.

In theory it was same old things , patrol system , kill x ships , find the patrols was a dse etc , but they changed them a bit , and it made a world of differance. Top marks on all of it! wish they would overhaul other sectors like these and change up dse's etc.

The planet was nice too , seems it will have a merchant , even the outpost has a merchant , deferi could become a vocal point soon , hope they sell good things later , now do risla etc , STO could be heading in the right direction afterall.

Well done devs i loved it!

ps make our ship have a stress level , now and then force us to go to a planet like this or risla for shore leave lol , how about we have to stock up on photons etc so we dont have a unlimited supply , how about we mine for dilithium and must keep stocks of that etc hehe , hayho nice job done!
Lt. Commander
# 9 Defera
08-28-2010, 05:54 PM
The location on the planet Defera is absolutely beautiful, stunning and I especially love the ships you can see in the sky above.

Amazing work Cryptic, thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-28-2010, 10:09 PM
furthermore, the mission is actually outstanding as well.