Lt. Commander
Is anyone else kind of annoyed being called," Rear Admiral, Lower Half" every time you are mentioned in mission or NPC text?

Currently in the game we have title and rank. You can pick your title such as Captain or Attache or what have you then you have your rank. You can pick you title but can not pick your rank.

I suggest having your selected title be what the system refers to you as and your rank being changed to level. That way when someone clicks on info they see level 43, but the title of Captain if the person decided to keep the title of Captain instead of Rear Admiral, Lower Half.

Secondly I would like to have the title option of just have Admiral or Rear Admiral in addition to Lower Half and Upper Half and Vice Admiral. This way in text NPCs call you "Admiral Skrasis" instead of "Real Admiral, Lower Half Skrasis"

A few suggestions I think would help improve the feel of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrasis View Post
Is anyone else kind of annoyed being called," Rear Admiral, Lower Half" every time you are mentioned in mission or NPC text?

Currently in the game we have title and rank. You can pick your title such as Captain or Attache or what have you then you have your rank. You can pick you title but can not pick your rank.

I suggest having your selected title be what the system refers to you as and your rank being changed to level. That way when someone clicks on info they see level 43, but the title of Captain if the person decided to keep the title of Captain instead of Rear Admiral, Lower Half.

Secondly I would like to have the title option of just have Admiral or Rear Admiral in addition to Lower Half and Upper Half and Vice Admiral. This way in text NPCs call you "Admiral Skrasis" instead of "Real Admiral, Lower Half Skrasis"

A few suggestions I think would help improve the feel of the game.
I don't think you're the only one who gets annoyed by that. I'd rather be called "Captain" rather than "Rear Admiral, Lower Half" even if I am an admiral. It just sounds really clunky and unpleasant for one and I'd just prefer being a ship captain in game anyways. But there are bigger fish to fry in game so don't expect it to change anytime soon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrasis View Post
I know, even reading your question is amusing. I can't believe they couldn't do better than that unless it was an inside joke for the programmers at Cryptic. Very funny, but very irritating for the players...