Lt. Commander
Transaction: Turbo Lift kit

so i had this great idea. this idea would fit perfect within the Cryptic business model.

there seems to be small problem with the fact that when i enter the turbo-lift, there is a loading screen. Now i am not sure that Cryptic is aware that there is a serious issue with breaking immersion when i switch between floors in the turbo life when i see a loading screen. With all this attention to the interiors of the ships and different ship interiors, there needs to be more attention to this tiny detail. Now as any trek geek knows, immersion is the key to a good trek game. Every time i see a loading screen, my inner trek geek dies a little. now i think that most STO players seeking total immersion would be willing to fork out a little more cash to pay for a turbo-lift immersion pack through the c-store. moo... there has to be a way that cryptic can work out a way to hide that naggy little load screen. what i would like to see is that you enter the turbo-lift, the doors close. now instead of a load screen here after selecting the deck to go to, i want to see the little vertical lighting going up or down and then the doors open and you are on the selected deck. i would gladly purchase this a C-store option, only please don't make it extravagantly priced like the galaxy-x please!

thoughts? suggestions?
/me dons flame retardant clothing
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2010, 11:34 PM
My name is Fleet Admiral Frey R.M. Petermeier,

and I approve of this suggestion.

Regards,
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-28-2010, 11:53 PM
I do think they could jazz up the loading screens a little... like they did in Mass Effect. While loading it showed you going down/up the elevators and even had a nifty little news flash when in the citadel.

When loading your ship entering a system, it could do a flash of your captain on the bridge pointing his/her finger at the view screen and saying 'engage' or even something of your choosing in the options screen.

When loading an away team mission, it could cut to you and your officers standing on a trasporter pad and then a generic transporter chief fiddles with the console and beams you down.

Those would be such sweet little improvements that would just make the game so much prettier and more fluid.

But...

I absolutely think it should just be part of the game, not a C-store purchase. I agree it would be far less jarring than a blue line and "LOADING" appearing on your screen. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-29-2010, 02:16 AM
Dont know, all these instance and loading suggestions sucks extremely ... every action -> Loading Screen.
Every joining a station -> New Instance + Loading Screen.

Its annoying and my fun to play this game has gone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-29-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritze View Post
Dont know, all these instance and loading suggestions sucks extremely ... every action -> Loading Screen.
Every joining a station -> New Instance + Loading Screen.

Its annoying and my fun to play this game has gone.
/Wave

Bye bye! Don't let the door hitcha where the good lord splitcha!
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-29-2010, 10:58 AM
Are you serious? You actually want to buy game functionality from the c-store? What the hell is the sub for?
I swear, I don't get you people at all anymore. You just BEG to get ripped off.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryhausen
Are you serious? You actually want to buy game functionality from the c-store? What the hell is the sub for?
I swear, I don't get you people at all anymore. You just BEG to get ripped off.

Totally agree. Its polish, and something that shouldn't be charged for.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-29-2010, 11:22 PM
During Beta they did try something like this out, except it did have the "Loading Please Wait" sign. And a Inside Starbase Graphic with a Galaxy going by.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneyface View Post
Transaction: Turbo Lift kit

so i had this great idea. this idea would fit perfect within the Cryptic business model.
*POINTS*

Regards,
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-02-2010, 03:33 PM
i agree that it should be included in the game. if you read the post as i would pay for it first you would be incorrect. my meaning is that is it should be included but if they made it a c-store item instead just to make money i would pay for it, it is that important to me.