Lt. Commander
# 1 Cold Call - The Puzzle
08-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Ok for the last 20 min now I cant seem to get this to work. Even though I read up on how to do it.

Ok here is what Iam seeing currently. myself and my bridge officers. The problem I have atm is that I cant move them to the specific "plates" that I need to. I have been using the "rally" button but for some reason when ever I left click "double click" it disapears and the Bridge Officer dosnt move at all. Does anyone know how to fix this or what??? Am I doin something wrong.

Here is what I see atm

Here is the actual screenshot with my bo's menu ect and also the cursor overtop the "rally" button
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Where is this?

I played the mission and never saw anything like this. Nor did I see in it in the daily mission I got. Maybe the daily missions are different?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRC
Where is this?

I played the mission and never saw anything like this. Nor did I see in it in the daily mission I got. Maybe the daily missions are different?
Its located during the first phase of cold call when you beam down to the planet, you have to do it during cold call. Its off to the side of the city and looks sorta like a half cut pyramid.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-28-2010, 11:35 PM
were did you read up on how to do it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-28-2010, 11:36 PM
I finished the mission and never did it. I fought some Breen by the truncated pyramid then beamed up after a call from the ship. I must have bypassed it. I'll look for it with another character.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
were did you read up on how to do it?
From here

Would be nice for someone to come in here and help me with my issue lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-29-2010, 12:57 AM
lol
never did it myself either

I guess everyone else stuck to the missiontree and went to the ruins after clearing out the city, nice to see that there as surprises thou.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-29-2010, 01:31 AM
I did the puzzle and got a message that I got the first portion of the Preservers star chart, but I wonder if that is the end of it?

Since you still can continue activating plates. One plate is disabled after you got the above mentioned message.
Anyone got further, or have an idea it is indeed the goal of this puzzle?

I love these challenges where you are not told exactly what to do and where to go ( we are no mindless apes after all, well most of us anyway )... Yet this puzzle is puzzling; Why is there no follow up or confirmation that you did it right... why can you continue with activating plates?

Puzzling
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-29-2010, 01:45 AM
They say its Part 1 of 3 of a bigger puzzle. And seems you can only activate it once per mission.

I had to redo the mission again since I wasn't aware of the puzzle (many others had to redo it too) and the group leader did it and he got the scan. I tried to redo it and all but the first title from the first time activated, the rest were errors.

So we are hoping everyone in the group got credit and not just the group leader alone.

Be nice if Cryptic gave a message that confirmed it for those in the group.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Meh, i missed that totally with my main. Too bad i canīt go back and do it.