Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Hi devs do you even bother reading in this forum ? if you do.
where are the klingon refits that were promised for the end of august ?

Ps this is me asking nicely cause i dont want you deleting this post.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-29-2010, 01:33 AM
Dstahl posted this:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...8&postcount=26

Few of us have concerns on the Vor'Char - we're hoping its a typo and available at 51 or its a second skin for the T4. The B'rel will be intersting to see how effective its torpedoes will be.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-29-2010, 01:51 AM
where are the lower tier ships on that list, the kdf science ships to use whilst lvling, im sure some people are pritty sick of using a bop to be a healer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-29-2010, 01:57 AM
Tier 1: brel, Levels 1-11
Tier 2: Levels 11-20
Tier 3: Levels 21-30
Tier 4: Levels 31-40

41 being the point where you become a BG and can get the Negh'var, making the Vorcha refit a tier 5 ship and the rest are like the Defiant, Intrepid and Galaxy retrofits. So while it may indeed be a typo it still makes the vorcha retrofit a tier 5 ship just available at BG1 instead of LG1 like the rest Dstahl listed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-29-2010, 06:47 AM
I would like some Universal BO slots on some of these ships please.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-29-2010, 06:56 AM
LEt me please steal a Valdore/Mogai and use it at T5
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-29-2010, 09:41 AM
I think the Fed side needs more escort ships, so how about if we create a mission in which the Feds sneak into the Klingon home world and steal the new prototype bird of prey that's being worked on?

Hey, at least this way it would get released sooner! :p

::runs, very fast::
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-29-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBzMadDog View Post
Hi devs do you even bother reading in this forum ? if you do.
where are the klingon refits that were promised for the end of august ?

Ps this is me asking nicely cause i dont want you deleting this post.
First of all, if that is you asking nicely, you suck at nice. Phrases like "even bother" aren't used in nice posts. Usually, "even bother" only pops up in whiney girlfriend conversations like "you don't even bother to listen to me!" Also, the line about you asking nice so they don't delete your post implies that you are aware that they read the posts....otherwise you wouldn't have to fear summary deletion of yours.

Second, why should they read the stuff in the forums? All STO forum posts can be broken down along the following lines:

24% of all posts: Nerd rage rants over the inclusion/exclusion of THE ONE THING that they must or must not have in the game. These posts usually conclude with a whiney, self serving summation about how stupid Cryptic must be for not already having THAT ONE THING in the game already.

24% of all posts: Canon Nazi (cannon? I can't keep it straight) posts about how stupid Cryptic is for having XYZ class ships in the game. Or how XYZ character is really dead or alive. Or why can't Cryptic make the characters look right and so on.

24% of all posts: C-store rants about how stupid Cryptic is for actually selling stuff in the C-store and not running their business as if it was a computer based soup kitchen providing new ships and toys to rubber pointie-ear wearing, basement dwelling Star Trek uber nerds. (seriously guys - its a business. Cryptic should be able to make money. And before you ask, No - your subscription fee doesn't mean everything else should be free.)

24% of all posts: Nerf XYZ power so that PvP doesn't suck for me posts. These usually are written from the sole perspective of a player who just had their butt handed to them in a PvP match and usually end with the familiar "Cryptic is stupid for not balancing this power" theme.

4% of all posts: Actual useful, constructive feedback or questions not prefaced with a "do you even bother" snark in the opening line.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
First of all, if that is you asking nicely, you suck at nice. Phrases like "even bother" aren't used in nice posts. Usually, "even bother" only pops up in whiney girlfriend conversations like "you don't even bother to listen to me!" Also, the line about you asking nice so they don't delete your post implies that you are aware that they read the posts....otherwise you wouldn't have to fear summary deletion of yours.

Second, why should they read the stuff in the forums? All STO forum posts can be broken down along the following lines:

24% of all posts: Nerd rage rants over the inclusion/exclusion of THE ONE THING that they must or must not have in the game. These posts usually conclude with a whiney, self serving summation about how stupid Cryptic must be for not already having THAT ONE THING in the game already.

24% of all posts: Canon Nazi (cannon? I can't keep it straight) posts about how stupid Cryptic is for having XYZ class ships in the game. Or how XYZ character is really dead or alive. Or why can't Cryptic make the characters look right and so on.

24% of all posts: C-store rants about how stupid Cryptic is for actually selling stuff in the C-store and not running their business as if it was a computer based soup kitchen providing new ships and toys to rubber pointie-ear wearing, basement dwelling Star Trek uber nerds. (seriously guys - its a business. Cryptic should be able to make money. And before you ask, No - your subscription fee doesn't mean everything else should be free.)

24% of all posts: Nerf XYZ power so that PvP doesn't suck for me posts. These usually are written from the sole perspective of a player who just had their butt handed to them in a PvP match and usually end with the familiar "Cryptic is stupid for not balancing this power" theme.

4% of all posts: Actual useful, constructive feedback or questions not prefaced with a "do you even bother" snark in the opening line.
If you’re going to make numbers up at least try to make them plausible or make the post mildly entertaining. Sadly from a scale of 1-10, I'm going to have to give you a 0.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatness View Post
Tier 1: brel, Levels 1-11
Tier 2: Levels 11-20
Tier 3: Levels 21-30
Tier 4: Levels 31-40

41 being the point where you become a BG and can get the Negh'var, making the Vorcha refit a tier 5 ship and the rest are like the Defiant, Intrepid and Galaxy retrofits. So while it may indeed be a typo it still makes the vorcha retrofit a tier 5 ship just available at BG1 instead of LG1 like the rest Dstahl listed.
Correct me, if I am wrong but wasn't all 3 Federation Refits only available at lvl 51? I doubt they would give us access to it earlier then the Feds.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 AM.