Lt. Commander
# 1 Excelsiors and RSP
08-29-2010, 01:06 PM
So, does anyone use an Excelsior in pvp and NOT use at least 2 RSPs on it?

Just seem to be seeing a bit more of the green glow since the Excelsiors came out....
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-29-2010, 01:18 PM
I believe its because many have difficulties to find out some other build. I think the amount of 2xRSP is the same, because no matter how many excelsiors are bought, its the same players.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch246
So, does anyone use an Excelsior in pvp and NOT use at least 2 RSPs on it?

Just seem to be seeing a bit more of the green glow since the Excelsiors came out....
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of it going on. They're obviously trying to get around the Excelsiors decreased survivability in comparison to other cruisers. The sooner they make it so that you can only use one RSP, the better.

Then again, I'm one to talk. After coming up against cruiser after cruiser stacking RSP, I gave in and for a short while (3 days) I started using two of them. Then I realised that it makes you look like a lame player, plus when the cries of nerf RSP are eventually heeded, you'll be without the crutch to lean on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-29-2010, 02:25 PM
I disagree, RSP has been used more often for about a week now in pvp. Tackled an all cruiser team just acouple days ago that chained rsp with great precision and skill and thats not an easy thing to type with a straight face.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-29-2010, 02:35 PM
I have a Star Cruiser Healer and I have two RSP. Most Star Cruiser do.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-29-2010, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
I have a Star Cruiser Healer and I have two RSP. Most Star Cruiser do.
I have 1 RSP on my Nomad
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-29-2010, 08:14 PM
I never carry more than 1 rsp on my ships... and I am flying an Excelsior right now.

I find stacking to be a waste of space...there are better things you can do with that slot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I disagree, RSP has been used more often for about a week now in pvp. Tackled an all cruiser team just acouple days ago that chained rsp with great precision and skill and thats not an easy thing to type with a straight face.
That's what you folks are seeing. The huge increase in the number of cruisers.

The other ships couldn't carry dual RSPs. Cruisers can. So when you face so many more cruisers, you'll see the green glow a lot more.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
I never carry more than 1 rsp on my ships... and I am flying an Excelsior right now.

I find stacking to be a waste of space...there are better things you can do with that slot.
Well thank Spock there's at least one of you
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-29-2010, 10:05 PM
you dont need rsp to kill a beamboat feddiebear, its more run to hit him with fully buffed feedbackpulse 3 and aceton field, now thats a self administered ass whoopin right there, and rsp wont block any of it.