Lt. Commander
While reading a story for ne mission, if ne 1 teamate advances the story popups...it gets rid of the popups for everyone else and they don't get to read the story.

For example, in the new weekly mission, while talking to the ambassador and learning about preservers, my dialog closes and the Breen ambush me. Now I'll never know what a preserver is. Is it a guy who preserves animals in the historic park...like a taxidermist? Is it an ingredient for tulaberry wine to increase it's shelf life?

Nehoo, ne1 else annoyed by this? May we request a fix?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Agreed.

I think it might be a life preserver so you can go swimming in the water there in town. Not sure as the Breen attached and I no longer had the option to talk to that dude.

However when beaming aboard the ship's lounge to talk to the Ambassador again it did give me the option to read further. but I could not as I kept beaming into the wall and could not move.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-30-2010, 04:30 AM
You can review these dialogs in the communications log. Not sure what happens if the perosn just clicked on the green option...
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-30-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabZero View Post
You can review these dialogs in the communications log. Not sure what happens if the perosn just clicked on the green option...
Still kinda ruins it no matter what, because you don't have the time to get a feeling for the missions.

This is THE EXACT reason why I did STO story solo.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Yeah! My so called teammate chose to side with that ******* Drake before I could even say anything or read the text. I wanted to kick him in the balls.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-30-2010, 05:22 AM
I did that in PUG STF missions

Quote:
First one to just skip through a dialouge gets a kick and is responsible for leaving this team one ban short, because then im gone.
Needless to say that i never completed a missions with a PUG team.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Quote:
If you haven't clicked on every piece of dialogue before it happens, you won't have them in the communications log. Only communications that you have clicked on and read get logged there. See the problem, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-31-2010, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryGuy View Post
If you haven't clicked on every piece of dialogue before it happens, you won't have them in the communications log. Only communications that you have clicked on and read get logged there. See the problem, lol.
Yes, I do. It's a bit iffy how it works right now. why it's all so interlinked I don't know. There's no reason. If you are changing maps you get the "waiting on team" message, that should suffice.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-31-2010, 01:27 AM
The simple solution is to just prevent the triggers from initializing before everyone in the team has pressed the green text.
That might also just motivate people to start reading the texts, so they gain that little extra piece of intell before they move on (Very Rare item in Infected space anyone?)
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Yes, I do. It's a bit iffy how it works right now. why it's all so interlinked I don't know. There's no reason. If you are changing maps you get the "waiting on team" message, that should suffice.
Yea, that would be awesome if a "Waiting on Team to Read all of This" prompt would pop up....then when the last one is done, triggers happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The simple solution is to just prevent the triggers from initializing before everyone in the team has pressed the green text.
That might also just motivate people to start reading the texts, so they gain that little extra piece of intell before they move on (Very Rare item in Infected space anyone?)
I like this idea as well. The only way you get the rare item is if you knew a bit of information on how to get it, lol. That would take care of all the TL : DR'ers.