Lt. Commander
# 21
08-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumonday View Post
Ok.. so I can fly around in T3 with limited transwarp feature.. but if I want T5 with all the bells and whistles.. its 15 bucks.. which is MORE than buying the entire game where I am from.

Micro transactions should not cost more than the damn game itself.. hence the MICRO in its name..
where r u from?
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blumonday View Post
Ok.. so I can fly around in T3 with limited transwarp feature.. but if I want T5 with all the bells and whistles.. its 15 bucks.. which is MORE than buying the entire game where I am from.

Micro transactions should not cost more than the damn game itself.. hence the MICRO in its name..
Maybe your not aware, but you the entire point of the C-store is to get people to buy things they WANT. As has already been mentioned, you dont NEED anything in it. There are T5 ships in game you can use if you dont want to spend more money than the minimum to play the game.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Well, no one NEEDS player housing either.

But if I had a dime for every time someone on MMORPG said they would not play game X because it had no player housing in it I could retire right now.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrogdog View Post
Well, no one NEEDS player housing either.

But if I had a dime for every time someone on MMORPG said they would not play game X because it had no player housing in it I could retire right now.
The reason that example makes absolutely no sense is because the C-store only sells different VERSIONS of what you ALREADY have in game. So if we were talking about player housing in relation to the C-store, then all it would mean is that you might be able to buy a different TYPE of house than the one you ALREADY have in game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Really? There are different versions of the Kahn emote?

Really? Another Tier one ship other than the connie has an extra BO slot?

Really? Another tier 5 Fed ship has a universal BO slot?

Really, I can obtain extra ship/BO slots elsewhere?

Please.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Maybe your not aware, but you the entire point of the C-store is to get people to buy things they WANT. As has already been mentioned, you dont NEED anything in it. There are T5 ships in game you can use if you dont want to spend more money than the minimum to play the game.
I'm sorry, but again, like someone else said.. I believe you are a troll.
Why would someone pay monthly.. or in my case, a lifetime subscription to play the MINIMUM requirements for a game.. it makes absolutely no sense. F2P games should be MINIMUM gameplay.. not subscription based games.

No other MMO on the market except Cryptics' games have the "we will give our subscribers the MINIMUM level of content and let them pay for anything else they want".

When you go and buy a car (assuming you are an adult or of age) , do you expect that it meets the MINIMUM on everything ? or do you have an expectation that the manufacturer is providing you with a product that far surpasses the minimum?

Just food for thought.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-30-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueYak
Proof that sometimes flybys do happen... It is apparent that you did not understand the points I brought up so I will put it more plainly without mention of the C-Store.

In a game you spend time playing wouldn't it be nice to be rewarded for the time you spend playing? Isn't that what playing MMORPGs is about? Ooo! Look at that! SHINY! What did you do to get that Shiny? Nothing? What fun is that? What did you achieve? Why play 6 months down the road?

Even FPS games realize to keep people playing you need to toss them a bone for actually playing these days. Unlocking weapons, skills etc. They give you a sense of achievement.
It appears as if you want to have status - you want to be able to possess things in game that can only be achieved in one way so that you can prove your superiority over others. I can understand how the C-Store would completely infuriate you if that's what you're after.

Personally, knowing someone spent cash on things that could be obtained in the game makes me laugh. Certainly there is no jealousy on my part, because I know, with a little effort, I'm going to have the same thing without paying a dime. To me, that's achievement enough.

You and I are in total agreement that things in game should be worth something. The difference between us, however, is that I'm not threatened by someone with a credit card. To me, once achieved, those things are worth something - because quite frankly - what they mean to me is all that matters.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-30-2010, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrogdog View Post

Really? Another tier 5 Fed ship has a universal BO slot?
I can Answer this As for right now NOPE there is not even that in the game....
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-30-2010, 07:46 AM
You guys who complain about the CStore are fighting the tide here. Good luck with that. All future MMOs will have something similar.

In the meantime, have a hankie - just 100 CPoints!
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-30-2010, 07:47 AM
The excelsior and any future ships are a complex debate now

you can get the ship in game for free, which is excellent

you can pay money to have the refit if that is your desire, and again i agree with that (remember the funds they raise from c-store sales helps to get us these items quicker. if there was no c-store then you would not see the excelsior at all, at least not for some time).

so that to me is win/win. yes some people want to be able to fly the excelsior for tier 5 for free, but if you want extra you usualy in life have to pay extra. so i have no problem with it.

the problem is that the new ships are coming with cool new features or layouts. whilst not needed to play the game or overpowered in my opinion, they are different and should be able to get that configuration in game.

transwarp to me is fine as its not that game altering. a change in bo consoles or powers (phaser lance) is and i dont agree that those abilities should be available to buy only. i dont believe buying those ships gives you any real edge but if thats how you want to play then you have to pay real money to get it and thats not right.

i believe there should be a way to be able to get these extra abilities in game (say 100 emblems/marks means you can swap you standard assault or star cruiser for the same ship but with the excelsior console config)

and the opposite so you can spend 100 emblems/marks equipping your excelsior with the current assault or star cruiser congs if that is the layout you want.