Lt. Commander
# 11
09-04-2010, 07:41 AM
not bad! I'd say hunt for any official blueprints, I know there were a bunch circulated around the net a while back which gave total deck numbers for all the ships, along side profile views. I'd imagine there'd not be a great difference between the decks on a Prom and the decks on the target ship. So go off what the official board says the decks are, give or take.

Just remember to take scale in STO with a very large pinch of salt, and maybe a dabbing of vinegar... if STO was to be believed the Runabout is actually the size of a Miranda Class with 3 decks...
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-04-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah, my ship, the Durandal, while technically being a cross of the Prometheus and Hephaestus, is mostly Hephaestus class for the purposes of this exercise. Like I said, comparing them in the ship builder in STO, the Prometheus is a little longer, but the Hephaestus is definitely a little taller, so it'll probably have a couple decks more. We also got a more-or-less actual cutout of a runabout to stick in the shuttlebay (with an assumption there's enough room for four), so that's helping with the scale a little too.

I've downloaded over a dozen mega-sized MSDs I've found on the web (like 2000-8000 pixels wide). Some are official (Voyager, Prometheus), some aren't (Titan, Akira-class), but they seem to be pretty consistent. Like I said before, one o the big things is figuring out what all the little symbols mean (It took us a while to find out what we thought were the life support systems were actually the computer cores, ha ha).

I think I might try to use my limited Photoshopping abilities to whip up a dedication plaque, too. Wish I knew who designed the Hephaestus model from Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Hey, if you want me to do you a dedication plaque, I have a template, here's my Fleet dedication plaque album.

Can do a 2D representation or the 3D ones you see there. It's based off the dedication plaque seen on the USS Relativity, but more akin to the classic style too, somewhere in between. If you want one done, just ask, everything in it is customisable of course.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-04-2010, 04:19 PM
I made a Master Systems Display for my STO ingame ship. you can see it on my Ship's profile page in my fleet's wiki here.....

http://www.knotcomputing.com/omega/i...S_Independence
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
Hey, if you want me to do you a dedication plaque, I have a template, here's my Fleet dedication plaque album.

Can do a 2D representation or the 3D ones you see there. It's based off the dedication plaque seen on the USS Relativity, but more akin to the classic style too, somewhere in between. If you want one done, just ask, everything in it is customisable of course.
Whoa, that's cool! Sure! I still need to iron out some details for stuff that'd go on there (the exact launch date and construction location, mostly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Donaldson
I made a Master Systems Display for my STO ingame ship. you can see it on my Ship's profile page in my fleet's wiki here.....

http://www.knotcomputing.com/omega/i...S_Independence
Very nice! Very comprehensive, too.

Which reminds me, I still need to figure out what sort of technical specs I wanna write out for this. Right now, I've got the obvious ones: name, registry, length, decks, crew and officer compliment, cruising and max speed, armaments, and defensive systems. Anything else you think I should add?
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Ok, after a bit of research, and making sure it lines up with my show I want to do, I think we can say stardate 86213.54 for the launch date, and Copernicus Luna shipyards as the location. Do you want me to PM you so we can hash out the details better?
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-06-2010, 07:09 AM
Sure, go ahead and send PM ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-06-2010, 09:11 AM
I decided to make my own Okudagram, because I freaking love my Nimbus-class starship... I thought I'd share what I've done so far, even if Photobucket shrinks images to the point no detail can be seen... Ah, well.

USS Tenacity Okudagram
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Very nice, Naju! Did you decide to go without the sensor module for yours?
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah, I definitely dropped the sensor pod. The Nimbus-class looks so much better without it, more like a ship designed for the times of war Starfleet has found itself in. More versatile and capable.