Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I'm still trying to get a referral to sign up and subscribe, I've handed out a couple of referral keys so far but none have bitten, as such I've still not got a holo boff sadly, poor me :p

So, any one out there interested in the game still need a referral?
If so please send me a PM.

(Just because sarcasm and self depreciation doesn't always translate too well across an international community let me point out that my above complaint is tongue in cheek, the part about offering the key and wanting the boff isn't )
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-30-2010, 08:29 AM
yeah, only got the tribble from upgrade but none stayed pass the first month. I wasn't caring for the Galaxy-X as my goal was just the BO. I have a complete disdain for the Galaxy's turnrate in that game so didn't want it anyhow.

I even gave the actual buddy keys from the CE purchase to one of them so he could try it without that demo limitation. I still have 2 left but waiting for the game to be more complete before giving it another try. Hard to do with this game until it's more complete and not everything new is thrown on the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-30-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
yeah, only got the tribble from upgrade but none stayed pass the first month. I wasn't caring for the Galaxy-X as my goal was just the BO. I have a complete disdain for the Galaxy's turnrate in that game so didn't want it anyhow.

I even gave the actual buddy keys from the CE purchase to one of them so he could try it without that demo limitation. I still have 2 left but waiting for the game to be more complete before giving it another try. Hard to do with this game until it's more complete and not everything new is thrown on the C-Store.
Same couldn't give a damn about the galaxy but not been actively recruiting a lot, just not good at it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-30-2010, 08:45 AM
How to get people to sign up with your buddy keys

1) Go to an MMO news site with forums

2) Offer keys to those who are interseted

3) Profit

I haven't done this myself, but I know a lot of poeple who visit mmo news sites, talk about their game, and pass out keys to the people who want them.

Good luck.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehutson
How to get people to sign up with your buddy keys

1) Go to an MMO news site with forums

2) Offer keys to those who are interseted

3) Profit

I haven't done this myself, but I know a lot of poeple who visit mmo news sites, talk about their game, and pass out keys to the people who want them.

Good luck.
Did that and almost got a full year of time on WoW. I tried that with STO and got no bites. Only got scoffed for "suggesting to play that (censor)" yes, some did reply that without the censor part.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Got mine on day one of the Holo BOFF's birth.

You must know people from other MMO's or friends who you can get to sign up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-30-2010, 08:51 AM
you can always ask them to put the halo boff in the c-store...

lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakehutson
you can always ask them to put the halo boff in the c-store...

lol
Don't give them any ideas! lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-30-2010, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
Got mine on day one of the Holo BOFF's birth.

You must know people from other MMO's or friends who you can get to sign up.

I know of some but they are avid gamers. The types that level toons in WoW and CoX in what I would call no time flat.

Like CoX, I was in it from the start, my first level capped toon was a villain. CoV was out like 2-3 years after CoH. Yet this game, I already have many Admirals already (not all VAs because really lost the drive to get them all to VA). So if this same group that gets a 50 in CoX within a month compared to the years I took, imagine how fast they would plow through this game.

As a matter of fact, they avoid Champions because I had 2 level 40's before 2 months was up and a "slowbie" like me got through it so fast.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
08-31-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
I know of some but they are avid gamers. The types that level toons in WoW and CoX in what I would call no time flat.

Like CoX, I was in it from the start, my first level capped toon was a villain. CoV was out like 2-3 years after CoH. Yet this game, I already have many Admirals already (not all VAs because really lost the drive to get them all to VA). So if this same group that gets a 50 in CoX within a month compared to the years I took, imagine how fast they would plow through this game.

As a matter of fact, they avoid Champions because I had 2 level 40's before 2 months was up and a "slowbie" like me got through it so fast.
I do know where your coming from, took me a long time to get a lot of my old Guild from SWG over to STO.
Some people don't like change lol.

The only other thing I can think of is this,

Go on the Forums of SWG or WoW etc.. and post your codes on there.

I do know that they are adding holo lifeforms to STO soon (in the Eng reports) but I do believe that is the one from the tutorial (Vulcan) not the one for the Referral (Human).
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 PM.