Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Content?!?!?!
08-31-2010, 09:21 AM
For those who dont know me i am an avid PvPer and RPer. i have 2 level 51 Klingons and a level 51 Fed, as well as 3 other characters. I have experience in all 3 officer classes and have completed ALL the content in the game on at least one of my characters.

ok... afrer the excelsior refit, that AGAIN pushes the envelope of balance and fairness, i HAVE to ask.

WHERE ARE THE KLINGON REFITS???

this "anceint enemies" season, which is the "Klingon content patch" has seen the following for both factions:

5 new klingon only content missions (technically 8)
1 refit of a carrier class (the least used and respected klingon vessel)
the THIRD major klingon nerf since the game started
a serious lowering in klingon PvP population due to the qeue fiasco and serious balance issues

4 new borg/undine missions for both sides
a further alienation of Tactical officers through the fleet captain skills, a further nerf of cannons, and the ability to train BO skills so that sci and engy captains can now fully exploit tactical ships and use their own powers

8 new federation diplomacy missions
2 new federation PvE missions (cardassian sectors)
an entirely new federation ranking system with future benefits (diplomacy rankings)
enhanced homeworld graphics
FIVE.... 1, 2, 3, 4, FIVE new federation refit vessels (including gal-X and Excelcior)
buffs to healing and pro federation tactics
a refit vessel that can now allow sci officers to tank better then engies (voyager)

i HAVE to ask...

was this REALLY a klingon patch?

the klingons are still stuck in essentially one sector block, conveniently tucked away and out of site, with barely any content or consideration. (which is a SERIOUS breach of cannon *ahem*CBS*ahem*)

klingons arent even allowed access to all of their territory... the feds get access to Pi Canis!!! yet the klingons dont.

i HAVE 3 federation toons, one of which is a lvl 51.
so anyone who joyfully playes through the hundreds of feddie missions in all 10 federation sector blocks, enjoying C-store, PvP, PvE, and overall content advantage really has nothing to say.

i KNOW both sides. i PLAY both ssides. and its time every one got on board and TOLD cryptic enough is enough.

KLINGON CONTENT NOW!!!!

its time the federation players who DONT play klingon rolled a klingon toon and found out exactly how unfair the situation actually is...
instead of demanding the Devs continue to nerf the klingons to the point at which they are just as difficult to fight as PvE on easy (which is what most federation only playhers want... a punching bag)

its time cryptic made due on their promise to make a COMPLETE game.
we all know the devs cut corners to release the game out on time to meet ataris unrealistic deadline.
but its time to FILL these CORNERS IN!!!

and what about the romulan fans?
dont THEY get a faction?
even if its only a "skeleton content" faction like the klingons had for the first month?

or are you guys going to release yet ANOTHER unbalanced federation refit?

KLINGON PLAYERS WANT:

MORE SECTOR BLOCKS <--- (very important)
KLINGON VERSIONS OF -ALL- FLEET ACTIONS
MORE PvE MISSIONS
MORE PVP MAPS AND MAP VARIATIONS
MORE GORN, ORION and NAUSICAAN CONTENT

and especially...

MORE SHIPS AND SHIP SKINS

period!

there is your list Devs... it can't be any clearer!!!
dont screw around with stuff we dont want

we ARE customers and we should be treated as such

i have a lvl 51 fed... i KNOw how much you baby the fed side because of their customer base.
but enough is enough, FINISH THE KLINGON FACTION
although i play fed for fairness sake, and even enjoy it once and a while...
I, like MANY others, bought this game for a chance to play a KLINGON warrior, and fly KLINGON ships.

if i seem angry it is because i have played this game for OVER 200 days.... and i still feel like i am playing a BETA when i am on my klingon toons.

please FIX IT!

your friend,
the Angry Klingon
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rek View Post

i HAVE to ask...

was this REALLY a klingon patch?
No it was not.

Quote:
the klingons are still stuck in essentially one sector block, conveniently tucked away and out of site, with barely any content or consideration.
back of the bus more like it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-31-2010, 09:50 AM
some of your numbers are off

there are;

8 klingon eps

4 cross faction undine/borg

8 diplomatic missions + the first contact mission type

there was no extra fed pve missions other than what is listed above

3 fed retrofits
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-31-2010, 10:06 AM
Sad to say but true 3/4 of the so called Klingon love patch was Federation content. We need to see at least 4 patches I think devotesd solo for the Klingon's just to bring them up to the Federation level of content.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-31-2010, 10:11 AM
sorry BOTH our numbers were off.

its 5 retrofits:

excelsior
defiant
galaxy
galaxy X
voyager
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Quote:

its 5 retrofits:

excelsior
defiant
galaxy
galaxy X
voyager
Galaxy X and Excelsior weren't Season Two. GalX was the referral bonus ship, and introduced to the C-Store prior to Season Two, and the Excelsior is the black dog that found it's way exclusively into the C-Store post-Season Two.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-31-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:

its 5 retrofits:

excelsior
defiant
galaxy
galaxy X
voyager
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
Galaxy X and Excelsior weren't Season Two. GalX was the referral bonus ship, and introduced to the C-Store prior to Season Two, and the Excelsior is the black dog that found it's way exclusively into the C-Store post-Season Two.
ok yes season 2 was technically 3 ships, the other two were before and after

either way it was more than klingons got

happily on that front it does look like there are lots of klingon retrofits in the works.
Lt. Commander
# 8 And the lights go on...
09-01-2010, 09:23 AM
I am glad to see that I am not the only one to see the glaring obvious

I have never and will never play Federation because quite frankly Cryptic has built-up such a huge resentment towards the Federation in me that the moment I start a Federation character I am filled with defiance.

What irratates me more are the Fed PvPers that call "gg" when the odds are so stacked in their favour.

I'm politely told to get over it and then "play for their amusement..." Of course I'll fall right in with their demands and play like a nice little lapdog.... I think not.

If that's what it takes, I make it a point of ruining their game so that in the end it will be the Feds demanding Klingon content and redress. Let those brats do the dirty work.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Kingons Next I hope
09-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I hope they get the next one. They need content. It would give me a reason to level a Klingon as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Not another thread please.......