Lt. Commander
# 11
09-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Wow just wow.

The original post seriously looks like it was written by a spoiled brat.
Quote:
KLINGON CONTENT NOW!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalShadaraq
If that's what it takes, I make it a point of ruining their game so that in the end it will be the Feds demanding Klingon content and redress. Let those brats do the dirty work.
How do you ruin a federations game when you can only interact with them in PVP zones? Do you make a Fed alt to troll them or something? lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Wow just wow.

The original post seriously looks like it was written by a spoiled brat.
No matter how the post was originally portrayed (To be fair i'd approach the subject from a more measured point of view) the content of it still has meaning and in this case is very true i recently rolled a Kling Alt to see if there complaints had merit and they really do far more than you could imagine so far i've just made it to the first new ship point and its been a boring repetitive slog, there are no storyline missions, no patrols, no sectors to explore there is really nothing there to interest any casual gamer enough to roll a klingon to higher levels

In fact the two ways PVE i've seen to level so far include Kahless expanse which is blow up x amount of fed ships in a DSE Type action and worse your never grouped with other players and the other is T'Ong exploration cluster and i don't know if its just me thats bugged but i've had one mission type so far and i've had that 9 times in a row.

So yes the approach of some klingons is probably not to your liking and not how i think the matter should be approached but i'll be damned if it isn't justifiable in the extreme punching yourselves in the kidneys is actually more entertaining than early klingon levelling.

Terra~
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra_Revived
No matter how the post was originally portrayed (To be fair i'd approach the subject from a more measured point of view) the content of it still has meaning and in this case
But there is nothing new or anything interesting meaning in this post. It's just the pathetic whiny screaming that is always going on. I am so tired of it.

Yes, I am not fond of the lack of Klingon faction missions. I want Orion and Naucassian ships and refits. But I can talk in a sensible, constructive tone.
You don't have to be full of destructive attitude and anger to make your point clear. But if you insist on doing it, I am willing to wait extra time for those refits and missions and all that, just to punish people like the OP some extra, as useless and childish that is.

KDF fan posters often ask why they get no Dev response, ignoring that there aren't many dev responses to begin with on these forums (but there _are_ responses and they talk to us), and ignoring that way too many posters just don't believe anything a dev says about the plans for Klingons, and that the devs have very little chance at defusing a thread that starts in such a tone or has turned into a whine-and-scream fest. The only way to defuse it is to just close it, or ignore it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-01-2010, 02:35 PM
More Klingon Content is coming.

All of our new content is going to be cross faction going forward, which means that when the feds get a new mission, so to will the Empire.

We have Gorn, Nausicaan, and Orion Ships coming for you all, as well as several new Klingon Vessels.

It's likely that we'll be doing more Klingon only content in the future as well.

However, all of this takes time to make and implement. We know that the Empire and her Allies need more content, and we are working to make that content.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
It's likely that we'll be doing more Klingon only content in the future as well.
whilst cross faction is a good idea and i support it, klingon only content is still a must have. the first 8 were really good do i hope to see more like that

i do think there is some merit to having the occasional series of weeklies as klingon only. maybe series 4 or 5. it might promote the faction and get fed players making Klingon to experience it. i encountered a fed player yesterday that did not even realise the new breen sector was cross faction and wanted to know what my klingon was doing there

also the empire really needs a tutorial. not being able to create a klingon from scratch is not going to help. i bet there are some players that dont even realise you can make klingons
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-01-2010, 02:51 PM
i HAVE made MANY calm and collected suggestions that were well thought out and very interesting.

these include:

new back grounds and boards for PvP maps.
new pvp maps
new klingon sector blocks
new ship skins for klingon ships
gorn and nausicaan vessels

mission and map replay for both sides <--- my favorite

but the truth is most epople dont read or care about constructive or well written threads

however, by complaining like a "whiney and angry brat"

i have in 1 day become one of the most read new threads on the forums.

if complaining and whining is what it takes to attract readers...
and negative criticisms and insults are what it takes to get the devs to read my forum posts with any sincerity...

i gadly take it on thechin and beg for more

KLINGON CONTENT NOW!!!!

no more excuses no more exceptions...

GET ON IT ALREADY!
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-01-2010, 02:53 PM
i actually decided to try klingon as well, and they are a clunk and slug run right now... getting to Lt cmdr 3 just dragged on and on ... which i wouldnt mind if i wasnt feeling like i was running in circles, doing the same stuff over and over....and overrrrrrrrr. the house always wins and bringing down the house missions really REALLY helped break up that feeling of redundancy. But that was it. Now i am back in the grind and its just bleh .. i either need more missions to level, and/or i need some variety in pvp... having open pvp instances with the ability to roam the galaxy freely, and act as a signal contact would be helpful. Now keep in mind, for me, taking a long time to level is not the big problem.. that's fine... its just the circles i feel like i am running in--the rut im stuck in, that grinds my patience. i need variety as a klingon.. and its not there. then there are the nuisances that occur (that wouldnt normally be a big deal if my patience was not already tried), which are things like the klingons having fed tricorders and sounds.. such a small thing, and it can really throw salt into the wound.

i mean the klingons are supposed to be in an aggressive stance in this time.. even if they dont move 'north' .. how about they move 'south'... and invade shelliak territory or head 'east' to attack the tholians? there are plenty of options
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-01-2010, 02:58 PM
further more...

lets not focus on cheap bandaides and complicated weeklies or anything like that

KLINGON PLAYERS WANT:

MORE SECTOR BLOCKS <--- (very important)
KLINGON VERSIONS OF -ALL- FLEET ACTIONS
MORE PvE MISSIONS
MORE PVP MAPS AND MAP VARIATIONS
MORE GORN, ORION and NAUSICAAN CONTENT

and especially...

MORE SHIPS AND SHIP SKINS

period!

there is your list Devs... it can't be any clearer!!!
dont screw around with stuff we dont want

we ARE customers and we should be treated as such

i have a lvl 51 fed... i KNOw how much you baby the fed side because of their customer base.
but enough is enough, FINISH THE KLINGON FACTION
although i play fed for fairness sake, and even enjoy it once and a while...
I, like MANY others, bought this game for a chance to play a KLINGON warrior, and fly KLINGON ships.

if i seem angry it is because i have played this game for OVER 200 days.... and i still feel like i am playing a BETA when i am on my klingon toons.

please FIX IT!
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
But there is nothing new or anything interesting meaning in this post. It's just the pathetic whiny screaming that is always going on. I am so tired of it.
I actually agree with you here however it seems to of come to the point that most of the reasoned people have left the klingon side after being tired of 6 months of all this so unfortunatly the majority of those left still clamouring for more are the whiners like this, Do i agree with there method no, Do i think its important the message is continually broadcast in any way possible yes.

I do believe the Devs are doing all they can to address the issues while ensuring new content for the federation side which is the majority of playerbase and i understand the complexities of business and why they can't just throw everything at the one faction that is a ever shrinking minority of the player base.

Quote:
KDF fan posters often ask why they get no Dev response, ignoring that there aren't many dev responses to begin with on these forums (but there _are_ responses and they talk to us), and ignoring that way too many posters just don't believe anything a dev says about the plans for Klingons, and that the devs have very little chance at defusing a thread that starts in such a tone or has turned into a whine-and-scream fest. The only way to defuse it is to just close it, or ignore it.
And just to add in personally if i was a dev faced with the kind of abuse and negativity i'd probably be more than likely to just walk on by without a response, however this kind of post while being whiney and negative do contain some information on the wishes so isn't completely useless even if it is just a reminder of what we'd like to see.

However saying that i would prefer to see more posts with reasoned arguments and not just a statement of whats need but ideas, solutions and new suggestions that could be helpful in putting the devs on the right track, but with the lack of interest from klingon players and players in general on at least the klingon section of the forum creating a discussion on new ideas these days is an exercise in futility sadly.

Terra~