I beat you to it! :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
If you haven't read it - Get it here!

Then, tell us what you think!
Awesome Read!. you guys are doing an Awesome job!

Thanks for posting Awen!!

(we all know who's working harder then anyone! *Blink* *Blink*)
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I beat you to it! :p
Let's focus the forum experience and keep it all in one place. I closed your thread, but I appreciate that you were more on the ball!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2009, 01:11 PM
For what it's worth, I think Cryptic made the right choice about how to focus ST:O for initial release. That being said, I think it would be a nice feature in an expansion or content patch to have multi-player ships.
Lt. Commander
I want to say it and I know there has been a thread already closed for this link and I might get banned or this could be completely futile:

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Awenyddi...aig-Zinkievich

I feel that they chickened out. Making up waffle to come up with a reason to not do it. Yes, everyone can and probably does want to be a captain but here is the key question I have:
Why can't we guest on someone else's ship? Controlling a "pet" crew member from our ship for a mission or something? Have both one person controlling a ship and multiple as an option; why can't that be made? Why did that not occur to them in all those three hour sessions?
For the boring parts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenshae View Post
You wouldn't be sitting in a room. You would be tending your own ship. It is something that those who can "multi-task" would enjoy most. A case of switching between cameras, from your captain to your engineer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-16-2009, 01:23 PM
I agree with the decisions. It's all very well going for the authenticity of player crews, but the game does need to be fun too and I don't think there's a viable way to do both. But I've been saying that for months
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-16-2009, 01:24 PM
They never ruled out player crews, they may be included later. And I think "guesting" on another player's ship requires ships to have their own interiors, which to my knowledge is still a toss up as to whether or not they'll be included at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-16-2009, 01:26 PM
I want player crews, not "maybe later"...
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreachAndClear View Post
They never ruled out player crews, they may be included later. And I think "guesting" on another player's ship requires ships to have their own interiors, which to my knowledge is still a toss up as to whether or not they'll be included at launch.

Bingo!

Not to mention having to create 'content' for the 'guest' player to do. Sitting around 'riding' in a room is not worth the effort, and creating content for you do something is not an easy task.

I think Craig explained it well when talks about too many game play experiences. Most MMOs have problems just getting one or two gameplay experiences correct. STO already has far too much on its plate, and adding all this content would only further create problems.

I am happier that they are not trying to spread themselves far too thin, and hopefully that will result in some quality in the game, imo.