Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
After a certain amount of time, inactive accounts probably get purged, but I doubt that they are going to take the time to purge one by request.
Heh. That's not how MMOs work. They keep your account. Forever. On the offchance you'll come back. As a lot of players do indeed come back. My Everquest account is still there, for instance.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-01-2010, 03:14 PM
It takes more effort to purge than it does to just let it be.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I wish I could purge this entire thread. Thru my colon.

I guess the hate/rage/quit posts make people feel better? Tell me thats it. There has to be a reason to get so tweaked over a game....right?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
You can't.

They keep all of it, even deleted characters show up on the Captain Database listing...
Actually they'll disappear. It just takes a long time for the captain's database to update. I know because I've had deleted characters removed from it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArykGrev View Post
...and STO never existed in my life? This is a serious request.

I have 10 days left on this subscription, but I just can't take it any more. I become more and more irritated by this "game" by the day. Life is too short to spend feeling this way.

I already see where to cancel my subscription. How do I delete my account, as in "Aryk Grev" who is posting here in this forum?

After, I'll uninstall and delete any remaining files of the game. I seriously just want to forget all about this obnoxious piece of garbage and have nothing whatsoever to do with it, or Cryptic, ever again.

The sooner someone can tell me how to delete every trace of my account, the sooner I'll be gone.

thanks
You can remove it from your computer - uninstall it, manually delete any leftover files in the Cryptic directory, use Regedit to remove anything Cryptic-related (BE CAREFUL HERE, YOU CAN PERMANENTLY MESS UP YOUR COMPUTER IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!) - do all that, and your personal computer will be purged, I guarantee.

HOWEVER, Cryptic will keep your account on their server, albeit in a inactive, non-billing state. That's on the off-0chance youdecide to try again later, you'll still have everything as it was when you quit.

They'll also send you Emails about varippus promos - csuch as the current "Try Champions Online for 1 week FREE" promotion. I haven't played Champions Online in 2 years, so they sent me that Email in hope of enticing me back. When I decided to see if it was still the same boreing stuff - it was. At least all my characters ans such were still there...

Hope that helps you.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-02-2010, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVargazm
How about you just take a midol and let your sub run out.
This would be the correct method.

This is a Rage Quit trying to get attention. Ignore him and he'll go away.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-02-2010, 04:59 AM
I find a sledge hammer and a nice concrete pad (garage or sidewalk) will fix any account issues and certainly remove any trace of this game off of your computer.
The harder you swing, the quicker it'll be gone forever...
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-02-2010, 05:00 AM
*reads*

Points at OP and laughs.

*Walks away chuckling*

Some people just never get it. Once it's on the Internet, it will always be on the Internet, forever or until mankind gets killed by the machines, in which case, they will have it all... And will read it.. point and laugh and chuckle as they hover away.

Really.
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-02-2010, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
They keep all of it, so if you ever decide to go back, you can get your old characters back. As unlikely as "quitters" might feel to go back, the prospect of leveling all characters again from the start doesn't make it more likely.
If even a heavily prorated refund for my LTS was available with immediate and permanent deletion of all my chars (and a permanent ban from subscribing in the future were added, just for the heck of it) as a condition, I'd take it and possibly go buy a physical copy of the game just to get a box I can ceremonially set on fire.

Then again, I may be slightly bitter.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-02-2010, 06:40 AM
I still think my timemachine option is the best solution.
Closed Thread