Lt. Commander
Sorry if the thread title is an awkward way of asking this question. I couldn't think of a better way to say it...

When i'm firing on a ship, my phasers would drain, let's say, the rear shield down to nothing. Without me or the enemy changing position (ie, i'm still directly behind them), when I fire my torpedo, it seems like it's going for the rear, but then swings and appears to hit one of the sides where the shield is still up.

Enemies don't seem to have the same problem. Their torps hit exactly where they drain my shield.

Just wondering if this is just the way it looks, and it's still impacting on the rear as far as the game is concerned? Or is there an issue with my targeting? Or if this is something anyone else has observed?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2010, 10:25 AM
No, if you turn enough you can alter the facing torpedoes impact on. If they turn enough to present the side it'll hit there. If its a constant problem you may wish to acquire the Tractor Beam skill.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-02-2010, 10:27 AM
I've noticed this. NPCs seem to be able to "cheat" and turn just enough to change shield arcs, then turn back once the torpedos land, all without it showing up on the client. I believe it's more client/server lag than anything, since the server is authoritative on everything (especially combat maneuvers). The client has to account for it somehow, so it changes the torpedo flight path to show it hitting the side.