Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
09-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
1: American company.
2: American holiday.
3: ???
4: Profit?




And I might buy a new bridge. Maybe... Unless I spend it all in COs C-store.
So I guess equality is out of the window at this rate then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
09-02-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
So I guess equality is out of the window at this rate then.
I feel like making a bad joke about them adding a dragon to the Cstore since that would appeal to non americans. Oh and big hats... And an escalator for my bridge.
But someone might get offended. Ah well... I need more coffee.


But you know... Bah.
Some other countries do celebrate labor day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
09-02-2010, 04:28 AM
5, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago. I think that they of also done it for 1st Monday in May (Early May Bank Holiday) and Last Monday in May as well as St George's Day and the Queen's Birthday.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
09-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
i think most of you arent smart at all, why would u think such an item that just came out would be on sale, grow up. if you dont want to buy it then use the free one jess. bunch of whinning kids with no brains, the ship will be on sale the next major holiday slow pokes
Name calling sure suites idiots well. Being Disrespectful only demeans your value.

I do not care anymore tho. I've canceled my sub over the c-store and lack of polish.
Hopefully, things will turn around for the game in a few months when I check back in on it. <.<
Tho, I expect name calling fools to still be around then
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
09-02-2010, 11:59 AM
The majority of the West has May Day, which we don't observe. We instead have Labor Day in September, which became a national holiday to commemorate the people who died during the Pullman Strike.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
09-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
The majority of the West has May Day, which we don't observe. We instead have Labor Day in September, which became a national holiday to commemorate the people who died during the Pullman Strike.
So you ignore the international labour day and instead choose to recognise the american one, again where is the equality here?

If the game is an international game, surely you should observe every countries holidays rather than solely the Americans ones?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
09-02-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
So you ignore the international labour day and instead choose to recognise the american one, again where is the equality here?
American company. You can't even begin to tell me that any other nation's company wouldn't do the same - observe only their own nation's holidays.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
09-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
American company. You can't even begin to tell me that any other nation's company wouldn't do the same - observe only their own nation's holidays.
An American company that answers to the rest of the world. Didn't take long for Americans to condemn Japan because of problems with cars made by a Japanese company or blame Britain because BP was involved in the oil, they had to answer to America.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
09-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
So you ignore the international labour day and instead choose to recognise the american one, again where is the equality here?

If the game is an international game, surely you should observe every countries holidays rather than solely the Americans ones?
It's just a reason to have a sale. We base it around American holidays because we're an American company. Your argument is akin to expecting Audi to run a promotion in Germany on our Labor Day.

I personally don't keep track of most European holidays because I don't celebrate most of them. (Though Guy Fawkes Day is pretty awesome.) I only know about May Day because I'm interested in the history of labor movements in general.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
09-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
An American company that answers to the rest of the world. Didn't take long for Americans to condemn Japan because of problems with cars made by a Japanese company or blame Britain because BP was involved in the oil, they had to answer to America.
This is a ridiculous argument. If a company is responsible for a problem, that company receives the blame. That's what responsibility is, after all. In this situation, there is no "problem" to be resolved or that should have been avoided in the first place. The sale is announced and is in place from Monday through Friday. Your money spends just as well as anyone else's money. I fail to see how there is an issue of "equality" here at all. If all companies were to routinely observe with sales the holidays of countries in which they have customers, then when wouldn't they be having a sale?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:46 AM.