Lt. Commander
# 51
09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Ok how about I put it plainly, I don't think it's appropriate to benefit from a discount that's being used to celebrate a holiday I don't celebrate when my holidays ain't celebrated in the same fashion.
Then, by all means, if there's something you want to buy in the C-Store, wait until the sale has ended to do so. Since the price will be back to normal at that time, I bet the Cryptic accountants will appreciate it far more than if you were to buy that item right now.
Lt. Commander
# 52
09-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Ok how about I put it plainly, I don't think it's appropriate to benefit from a discount that's being used to celebrate a holiday I don't celebrate when my holidays ain't celebrated in the same fashion.
Then I think your best bet would be to not purchase anything from the C-Store during this period and wait for a sale that more accurately aligns to your personal beliefs.
Lt. Commander
# 53
09-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Split the difference, and call it a VJ day sale.

Happy VJ day, folks!
Lt. Commander
# 54
09-02-2010, 11:51 AM
After looking at the reason for the celebration of the American labour day, I'm quite shocked that you're actually celebrating the suppression of a labour union rather than supporting peoples right to strike.
Lt. Commander
# 55
09-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Well if they celebrate the American Labour, what's stopping them celebrating the international labour day? They don't need to have a sale for every holiday but for every American one, an international one should be acknowledged to, that's a fair compromise right?
Well, what about the countries that don't celebrate the international Labor Day holiday? It may be an international holiday, but I'm sure not every nation celebrates it; what about the holidays of the nations that don't? Cryptic would need to have a sale on those countries' holidays as well in to appear to be indiscriminate.
Lt. Commander
# 56
09-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Then I think your best bet would be to not purchase anything from the C-Store during this period and wait for a sale that more accurately aligns to your personal beliefs.
Wow... looks like some one looted a MK XII Sarcasm enhancement modules. Where did it drop from? I could get a lot of use out of one.
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Well, what about the countries that don't celebrate the international Labor Day holiday? It may be an international holiday, but I'm sure not every nation celebrates it; what about the holidays of the nations that don't? Cryptic would need to have a sale on those countries' holidays as well in to appear to be indiscriminate.
That's fine by me, we already covered that though, for every American Holiday they celebrate each part of the world should equally have a holiday celebrated in one form or another.
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
There is an old saying: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."
Lt. Commander
# 59
09-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Wow. Complaining because they are doing a sale. That's hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 60
09-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy
There is an old saying: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."
Not when the horse in question has been taken from someone killed.
Closed Thread