Lt. Commander
# 41
09-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This has been heard loud and clear and Jack and I have been in some discussions this week where we continue to work on the deal that items in the C-Store need to be available for in game currency. (he and I both agree about big functional items being available for some type of in-game exchange)

The Excelsior was a half-step and now we need to put both feet in. I'm hoping the Nebula can be in game as well as in store. The in game way to get it might not be cake - but at least it will be something.
Sounds good... so far.

I actually have no Problem with the Excelsior beeing a C-Store item.
But i have a problem with the pricetag 1200 C-Points? COME ON!
600 would have been easy to swallow but > 1000 is just greedy.
Lt. Commander
# 42
09-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Agreed. Making the T3 Excelsior available in game *is not* the same as making the T5 available. You could have at least made the Transwarp locations the same.

This is not only a half-step it's a total miss-step on your commitment to 1) Sell only cosmetic items and 2) The ability to earn *all* C-Store items via game play.
Yep. 100% dead on.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by artic1337
Have you considered offering a more equitable purchasing option for C-Store ships . . . say half price for unlocking on just one character?
Man, crazy with the cheapness. This is a bad business idea - these folks aren't going to buy anything out of the C-Store if they can get it without paying. Some people live, eat, breathe, and sleep this game and will grind for it until its theirs.
Lt. Commander
# 44
09-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Quote:
This has been heard loud and clear and Jack and I have been in some discussions this week where we continue to work on the deal that items in the C-Store need to be available for in game currency. (he and I both agree about big functional items being available for some type of in-game exchange)

The Excelsior was a half-step and now we need to put both feet in. I'm hoping the Nebula can be in game as well as in store. The in game way to get it might not be cake - but at least it will be something.
This will literally solve my #1 complaint with the game dstahl.
Lt. Commander
# 45
09-02-2010, 01:26 PM

I haven't gotten a lifetime subscription yet but even if i do i will probably still pay for my monthly subscription because i want to see the game improve and that is how the devs get paid.
Lt. Commander
# 46
09-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:

Making it possible is enough, this kind of thing should be part of a quest system anyway. I would be happy as hell to even have it as a random drop of some kind like some of the ship blueprints in SWG. Since the crafting system is not capable of handling that kind of thing, at least not as of yet, there needs to be an alternative method until it can.
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkari
Out of curiosity, how many others out there have done what i've done: Well, since i had no idea there was going to be a sale starting today, yesterday i bought the Galaxy X Ship and Borg BO through the C-store, then i find out that they have a sale and i could have saved hundreds of Cryptic points.... anyone else ever do something like that, buy expensive stuff only to find out that it went on sale the next day?
Happens at Macy's all the time
Lt. Commander
# 48
09-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
The in game way to get it might not be cake - but at least it will be something.
Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 49
09-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Maybe the ingame way will be pie?
Lt. Commander
# 50
09-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Flaked blood flea pie.