Lt. Commander
# 61
09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakinik
Dan,

Assuming you make this work, doesn't this defeat the arguments you previously made in that the C-Store was used to generate more content faster than what would occur otherwise?

I want to make this clear - I support this move as it was a promise made and yet unfulfilled 6+ months into launch. Just curious what would be the point of the c-store if i could get it in-game?

Blak
The long and short of it is that any C-Store item available in-game will take longer to get and generate more subscription fees, eating up people's gametime. In that sense, you don't get it sooner and it pays the bills by forcing people to re-up for an extra month or two.
Lt. Commander
# 62
09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This has been heard loud and clear and Jack and I have been in some discussions this week where we continue to work on the deal that items in the C-Store need to be available for in game currency. (he and I both agree about big functional items being available for some type of in-game exchange)

The Excelsior was a half-step and now we need to put both feet in. I'm hoping the Nebula can be in game as well as in store. The in game way to get it might not be cake - but at least it will be something.
TY.

A C-store is a fine idea, I support. But for 15/month, at least give me some option to grind the stuff out on my own.

Just this comment here is enough for me to consider re-upping another month. Fixing the "Destiny' quest would be another, of course :p

Consider that fact in your meetings.
Lt. Commander
# 63
09-02-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm going to wait to see if this works out before I resub... but at least now I won't uninstall the game. Yet.
Lt. Commander
# 64
09-03-2010, 01:40 AM
lawl for the ones who dont know about the sales theyve done em on "holidays" i guess people can start watching out for upcoming holidays to save their moneys instead of buying on impulse lawl
Lt. Commander
# 65
09-03-2010, 01:53 AM
If I had the oppurrtunity to buy epic weapons and shields over the C-store, I would do it. There is nuffin more annoying than daily-grinding with all those bugs in B'Tran (anomalies, teaming, etc.) and barely no other chances to get emblems. PVP is not my style, and Big Dig 25 out of 30 days a month isn't a hammer either. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 66
09-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
If I had the oppurrtunity to buy epic weapons and shields over the C-store, I would do it. There is nuffin more annoying than daily-grinding with all those bugs in B'Tran (anomalies, teaming, etc.) and barely no other chances to get emblems. PVP is not my style, and Big Dig 25 out of 30 days a month isn't a hammer either. ^^
So you'd reward the company that provided you bugged and annoying content by paying them to avoid said content...

Sounds more like a protection racket than a game.
Lt. Commander
# 67
09-03-2010, 07:17 AM
i also very much support duel options

as long as people have the choice then its all good.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNoir View Post
Uh, 500 emblems for the Excelsior, or any other ship, is just fine.

Actually, most people seem to find it a tad excessive, but the point is there's no reason one ship should cost more emblems than another ship.
As you can see the erstwhile STO business experts are already changing the argument from too many C-Store points to too many emblems.

The first mistake was making a T5 Excelsior in the first place, it's an absolutely elderly ship in the STO timeline and makes no sense to be in the same class as the Sovereign from 100 years later. Even with refits, those things got melted like butter in the Dominion War. The second mistake was making it completely exclusive to the C-Store as opposed to having it in some sort of program like the Galaxy-X.

Oh and I can't wait to see what you do to appease those who have already spent C-Store points...they'll surely be here on the forums making a stink.
Lt. Commander
# 69
09-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Then what's the point playing the game? Why not just buy a programme that displays "You Win" on your screen?
Lt. Commander
# 70 You Win
09-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Then what's the point playing the game? Why not just buy a programme that displays "You Win" on your screen?
That's what happens at the VA promotion mission, lol