Lt. Commander
What do you use and why? my attack pattern delta gives + 40 all res to myself and -40 all res to my enemy but is it better than the + damage from omega?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-26-2010, 05:41 AM
Depends on what you want from it, I suppose. But generally, I prefer Attack Pattern Omega over Attack Pattern Delta (where available ). Attack Pattern Omega gives a resistance buff, a speed and maneuverability buff, and a defense buff, plus a damage buff. I think the damage buff is relatively weak compared to what, say, Attack Pattern Beta gives you effectively via its resistance debuff, but I don't know how that compares to Attack Pattern Delta. At least not without access to the game and checking the stats.

I think APD would be an idea skill to be rescoped and lowered to an ensign level skill.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-26-2010, 05:05 PM
The big difference is that Omega breaks the hold of tractor beams. Though I believe right now it is bugged that it only breaks 1 tractor beam, and not multiple.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icesavage
The big difference is that Omega breaks the hold of tractor beams. Though I believe right now it is bugged that it only breaks 1 tractor beam, and not multiple.
It dosent as much break it anymore as it deminishes the effect. So at one you can fly, but slightly slower than you normally would.
Now with more beams on you you start feeling the effect for real.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Theyre useful in different contexts. The nice thing about AP:Omega is that its always useful, but on the other hand its on a longer timer - it wont be up as often. And it doesnt help any allies you might have at all. Delta is a very flexible power, but its requirement that the enemy shoots back makes it poor at alpha strikes and has no synergy with weapon system disables. It's a nice way to boost Tactical officer survivability tho.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSkye View Post
What do you use and why? my attack pattern delta gives + 40 all res to myself and -40 all res to my enemy but is it better than the + damage from omega?
Uhm i think you got it wrong. You give the enemy the debuff, that when he hits something he buffs you with +40 resistance. Thats it, nothing else. There is no +40 to me and -40 to him.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Err..wrong. APD gives a resistance buff, and when the ship with that resistance buff is hit by an enemy attack the enemy suffers a -resist debuff.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
Err..wrong. APD gives a resistance buff, and when the ship with that resistance buff is hit by an enemy attack the enemy suffers a -resist debuff.
You sure about that ? im not...i think the effect it does is new, but the description is old, as it says debuff instead buff. But i could be wrong, been a while since i was using that.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-26-2010, 11:23 PM
I use APD on my VoQuv and I'm sure it works that way. IE, if I use APD I get a 15s APD buff listed and all 3 enemy frigates attacking me get a small red tactical debuff cursor. I have no other attack pattern skills.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-26-2010, 11:26 PM
my bird of preys alpha strike is a combo move of attack pattern alpha/omega3/beamoverload3/high yield torpedo3/cannonrapidfire3 and the dmg buff from decloaking, i try to be right around 3 km right off the arse of the star cruiser, or whatever other biggest baddest target i can see that isnt currently using rsp nor getting hit so hes gonna feel the need to have an rsp running. the full mark 10 anti proton dual cannon heavy cannon dual beam bank turrets in the rear do nicely, i weapon battery to replace the beam energy drain and the torps plunder a naked hull every time, nothing survives, and i follow up on his nearest buddy with buffs still running and weapon power at 125 hehehehe, battle cloak, rinse, repeat!