Lt. Commander
# 1 First Fleet (Aussie/Oceania)
09-01-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm looking to start a new fleet and need several people who would be keen to do this and have similar ideologies and goals to serve as founders and officers.

The name, First Fleet, would be partly a play on the nature of the guild. Firstly and foremostly, this would be a social and casual guild, but it's secondary purpose is to unite Aussie players. Anyone from any country would be welcome, but this would be a primarily Aussie-based fleet.

Anyone who doesn't get why the name of the guild is relevant, need not apply

Here are some of the goals and outlines of the guild I'm envisioning creating:
  • Social
  • Casual
  • Australian-based
  • GLBT friendly
  • No ****ers

Let me define the above terms so we all have a better understanding of my meaning

Social: by social I mean people chatting in fleet and on vent (when we get it). If you're the sullen type who lone-wolfs everything and never talks to anyone, then you don't need a fleet, you need psychotherapy. Social also means working together and teaming up to do missions. This does NOT mean you should expect help leveling, what it means is that people should like teaming up and helping each other out as part of the social experience of the game.

Casual: if you're a hardcore fleet action kind of person or an intense PVP'er, this is not the guild for you. I would love to organise regular FA's and PVP sessions and intend to allow any member to be an organiser (taking the initiative will be encouraged), but the bottom-line is that if you expect to get into FA's every night or that whenever you log on you're going to have a team join you to do PVP, then there are other fleets much better suited to these goals.

Australian-based: mainly this is a time-zone thing. I don't care what colour, nationality, religion, or sex you are, but I do care if you're online when I'm not and vice versa. I want people to chat with and engage with and don't want to be sitting in fleet with no-one to converse with. So New Zealanders, South American's, anyone south of the equator, this guild is really for all those people who don't work to a northern time schedule.

GLBT Friendly: I will not tolerate racism, sexism, or homophobia. Being a Gay Lesbian Bi-sexual and Transgendered friendly guild is a very important thing in my opinion. If you constantly use the term 'that's gay' or 'ur a ***got' or think that calling someone a '******' is appropriate, then GTFO. Seriously, I don't want to have anything to do with you. Go do something useful like smash your face into a gutter.

No ****ers: you'd think this would be self-explanatory. Unfortunately, it isn't. This ties in with the above as well. Basically if you're acting like a douche-bag and get called on it and don't respond like a mature-adult, then cya later. I've met 12 year olds online who act like calm, kinda, reasonable adults, and I've met 50 year olds online who act like immature, retarded monkeys who think flinging their own poop is amusing and a good way to pass the time. So age isn't the defining factor as a requirement to join, however generally positive demeanor and a kind heart and good soul are.

So, if after all that, you're still interested, please reply to this thread and we'll get a discussion going and see where we go from there. I don't want to rush this so don't expect things to happen overnight. I want to get a good, solid, five-person team (me included) of committed individuals who will work towards making a great guild filled with great people. That kind of thing takes time
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Yikes, only twelve views and bumped down the second page in only a day... is there no interest at all in this type of guild?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey, just wondering if you got your fleet up and running because this sounds like a place i would like to be