Lt. Commander
# 1 Tellarites and Rigelians
09-02-2010, 03:55 AM
First of all I'd like to say that Matt, the lead character artist, and whomever else works on the character team have done a pretty good job (in my opinion) thus far with the game.

Though I don't think many people actually play Tellarites or Rigelians, as I'm an avid fan of Star Trek Enterprise I have grown to really like these two species, especially our Federation Space Pigs . I have a few minor bugs for both species.

Tellarites
- In the character creator their height is listed only in the 6 foot range. I've already spoken to Matt about this many months ago and he mentioned that it was only a math coding issue. As we all know Tellarites are shorter than that.. and should range from 5'0" to 6'0". I believe one of the Tellarites from the Original Series was 6'0" (however I would settle for 5'10" as well.. whatever works).

I've submitted multiple bugs in-game for this.

- Hair and Beard options. They definitely need a few more beard options. They need a couple of beards that look more scruffy looking as well as hair that is a bit more poofy looking.

Reference image: http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Tellarite

- Hands. This isn't a major issue but an option I'd like to see eventually. I'd like to see hair/fur on Tellarite hands! They had such a thing in TOS.

Rigelians
- My main issue with the Rigelians at this point is the skin colour both for player characters and BOs. The skin colour is too fleshy.

Reference image: Rigelian Comparison ENT vs STO

In the reference image provided above I've put up both the Enterprise Rigelians and the In-Game Rigelians. The ENT Rigelians have a more clammy greyish skin. I've narrowed it down to possibly two different hex colours which I would like Cryptic to add to the game if possible.

Skin Hexes: #b6967f, #ccb69d

Additionally I was trying to get an exact match for the colour of their markins in game and I just wasn't able to do it as none of the colours really matched. I worked out a few hexes for their markings as well.

Marking Hexes: #75590c, #93782a

If possible Cryptic, can you guys add these colours for the Rigelians. If you can't do the markings can we at least get the two colours for the skin?

I've submitted a few in-game bugs for this.

Other facial markings - Any way for us to modify the colour within the nose region (like on the female Rigelian's face) to be a different colour? Grey seems to be the option for this.

Hair - The Rigelians seem to have a few different colours in their hair.. usually grey, whites maybe even blonds. Their hair also seems to be tied back. Though there are a few hairstyles that could work for this is there any way we can get a Rigelian-specific hairstyle?

Jewelry - Additionally, they seem to have some kind of spiritual jewelry that they wear in their hair. Any chance we could get that as well as an option?

Anyhow, I won't ask for you guys to do this tomorrow, or at all.. I just hope you guys will consider these minor changes to enhance some of the existing content/characters in the game. I know you guys are probably busy and floored like mad with work so I hope you guys can get to this some day soon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Definitely support this... especially the Tellarite beards and the Rigellian hair-beads and striped-hair. I sure could use both of those on my Boffs.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien_de_jour
Definitely support this... especially the Tellarite beards and the Rigellian hair-beads and striped-hair. I sure could use both of those on my Boffs.
Thank you for the support in this. It would be really cool if eventually all of the current playable races were fleshed out a bit with more options.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-07-2010, 08:10 AM
I also in support of giving reverse-hinged legs, hooves, and three-fingered hands to Tellarites and also darkening the inside of the "cut-out" areas on Rigelian faces in addition to maing their skin more chalk-white.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaegrin View Post
I also in support of giving reverse-hinged legs, hooves, and three-fingered hands to Tellarites and also darkening the inside of the "cut-out" areas on Rigelian faces in addition to maing their skin more chalk-white.
Tellarites don't have reverse hinged legs or hooves though I know of the image you speak of.. it's on memory-beta however in both Enterprise and TOS they were normal humanoids.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Hmmmm do any of the devs actually read this part of the forums? I know they're busy but a little "yes we know about this problem and are looking to fix it" would be nice.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-16-2010, 01:03 PM
Unfortunately, devs do not reply in each and every thread of this forum. But they read a lot more than they reply to. So although it would be nice for you, don't take it personnally if they read it, take a few of these into accounts for modofications later and add it to other ideas taken elsewhere in the forums and online comments and don't acknowledge this specific thread.

That being said, I agree with some of the cosmetic changes you put forward and it's nice that it's all put in a single thread for reference but really I wouldn't think they'll be making changes to the C-Store races' skin color or add-on hand-hair anytime soon. (at least not according to the current Engineering Reports).
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
Hmmmm do any of the devs actually read this part of the forums? I know they're busy but a little "yes we know about this problem and are looking to fix it" would be nice.
Your original post is pretty good. You provide reference, and great solutions. I might suggest reposting it in the STO Discussion forum or General forum. They get more traffic from devs. And I think your post deserves a comment because of how well done it is and how concise it is on offering solutions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-17-2010, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaegrin View Post
I am not in support of the reversed-hinged legs, but I do like the three fingered hands as an option. They are the 24th century "orcs" after all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-24-2010, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Your original post is pretty good. You provide reference, and great solutions. I might suggest reposting it in the STO Discussion forum or General forum. They get more traffic from devs. And I think your post deserves a comment because of how well done it is and how concise it is on offering solutions.
Am I even allowed to do this without getting some kind of infraction? I don't want to make the devs upset.