Lt. Commander
Hi folks!

So, I've been in game a few days, and I've seen some rather detailed and.... in some cases, interesting biographies in game. I'm a veteran RPer from several different MMOs over the years, and I'm getting ready to jump into the STO community. Theres just one, small, tiny problem.

Where is everyone? Now, when I was in Tabula Rasa we, like STO, had multiple shards, or instances of locations in the game. Role players there selected an instance number for role play, and, you could typically find it there. Is that the case in STO? Have the role players here selected an instance of different locals in game to use for role play? If so, would anyone mind sharing? Thanks a bunch
Lt. Commander
# 2 Greetings from SW UK
09-02-2010, 08:41 AM
Firstly Welcome.

There are people playing, my shard was packed earlier, so it depends on where the darn server plonked you.

But it's easy to find others dotted about.

I like a little bit of roleplaying i do find it fun.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Welcome to the game!

Your best bet for finding RPers is to go over to the fleet listing and find one that specifies that. Make sure they're in a similar timezone as you, or else you'll end up playing at 3am talking about waffles at quarks. Then you can email someone in the fleet and meet up with them for a session to see what you think about them. I did that once, but they kept facepalming at my toucan character, so I ran away....
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-02-2010, 08:43 AM
I know quite a few people who are very heavy on RP, our fleet actually has a mini-wiki dedicated to character bios O_

Your best bet to find RP fleets is to use the fleet list search like Hort suggested, or check out the Fleet lists in the "Starbase One" section of the forum.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Wow, thank you all for the quick replies. I'm not particularly looking for a guild to join per say, I'm likely going to be putting a small one together for some friends and I, but I'll take a look at the list and start jotting down names and such until i get to know everyone
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-02-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't think there's a particular instance selected for RP, certainly not heard of one... problem with STO is instances are generated depending on the need for them, so instance #10 might be there one day but not the next, or even one minute and not the next.

I know there are a few who RP in general, our fleet is mixed, and those who don't RP normally will if they're asked for assistance by someone RP'ing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-02-2010, 09:40 AM
I RP a blatantly psychotic Starfleet Officer who lives to purge the xenos and deviants in the name of the Federation. Fits rather well with the game, up until the diplomacy stuff was added.

Basically picture a Warhammer 40k Officer or Commissar in the Federation.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-02-2010, 09:46 AM
If I work for you Raven, will you not kill me ^_^?
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Pick up RP in game is kind of rare. You can find it at DS 9 within Quarks Bar some times. Youll likely have to change instances to find people openly RPing though. They will all be standing up by the bar. Id agree with the other poster and advise you to locate an RP fleet. You can always ask to attend one of their events to see if you like them first.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
When I see RPers in the wild, it's usually in instance #1. Then it turns in to a dance party, so I hang my head and beam out.