Lt. Commander
# 1 New way to train BOFFs
09-01-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't know if anyone feels "okay" with the idea of trading away their officer just to have someone else train it and *hopefully* give it back.

To me this is a security / customer service issue.

So I suggest creating an interface where you can drop your BOFF and have someone bring up the skills they can train that BOFF in, train it, and move on.

This would also solve the problem of BORG BOFF's not being tradeable/trainable by others.

P.S. Not sure if I reintroduced this idea; I scanned through a few pages in this forum and didn't see it but not going through 52+ pages hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-01-2010, 03:18 PM
ppl not giving back the bo... heck bo aint even expensive so why brother, just dont juve anyone you dont know a efficient bo.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Indeed... if you are trading with a stranger... don't give em a boff that has something ultra rare like SIF 3 or TSS 3.
If you need those guys trained find a friend, or ask a friend if they know a guy. lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Indeed... if you are trading with a stranger... don't give em a boff that has something ultra rare like SIF 3 or TSS 3.
If you need those guys trained find a friend, or ask a friend if they know a guy. lol

And what about BORG boff's that cannot be traded? How do you get them trained?

Get the bigger picture?

Kill two birds with one stone.

Makes perfect sense to me. I guess it's just funny to everyone else...touche.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-01-2010, 11:52 PM
I simply LOVE this feature! It's the ******ned officer-exchange program!! Makes me feel all trekky inside!
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-02-2010, 03:32 AM
One way to do this would be have the trainer create an item ("Training Manual") which is given to the owner of the bridge officer, rather than trading the officer back and forth. Having this item in your inventory would add the corresponding skill to the menu of those you can train, and the item would be consumed on use.

With that said, the current system works at some level, unlike many other things in the game, so I would prefer to see actual bugs fixed first.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Trade Window
09-02-2010, 04:53 AM
All they would need to do is give the trainer access to to train Your BO in a open trade window.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-02-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaD
One way to do this would be have the trainer create an item ("Training Manual") which is given to the owner of the bridge officer, rather than trading the officer back and forth. Having this item in your inventory would add the corresponding skill to the menu of those you can train, and the item would be consumed on use.

With that said, the current system works at some level, unlike many other things in the game, so I would prefer to see actual bugs fixed first.
+1

My request has been (since they first put it on Tribble for testing) is remove the merit cost attached to it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-02-2010, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaD

Don't get me wrong - I don't think this is a priority 1 issue. You're definately on the spot when you said "bugs fixed first" - they're more game breaking than this "enhancement" request I'm requesting.

But it would be a nice feature...someday...maybe...
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplustrekie
All they would need to do is give the trainer access to to train Your BO in a open trade window.
In truth it would solve a few other silly issues... like needing to have a free officer slot open... seeing as they like to charge for extra slots as it is.