Lt. Commander
# 1 Profanity in game?
09-03-2010, 04:46 AM
Hello,

I'm canceling my subscription to STO and just wanted to give the following feedback. I have enjoyed the game a lot and at the same time have put several ticket orders to address the issues of harrasment and just plain disruptive attitudes that players have on this game. When a game is as popular as STO, you should have in place certain monitors online to deter inappropriate behavior from certain players such as the use of MODERATORS online. The filtering of name's ships and characters do help a little but still people will be people and will express vile behaviors that should be controlled by Cryptic. Many online games have the same issue but they do have moderators that control IMMATURE behavior. My suggestion: PLEASE WORK ON USING BETTER FILTERS FOR NAMES OF SHIPS/CHARACTERS AS WELL AS MODERATORS ONLINE. It gets to me when someone uses so much profanity and yet others tolerate that. I have the power not to put up with and decide to leave until this gets fix or give up completely since my tickets remain open and nobody cares.
For the rest of STO members, good luck and good bye!

Sam Nun
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-03-2010, 04:57 AM
Just to make sure you see it here too, like in your other useless post:

And as you will very quickly realize: People don't care about "I quit" posts... In fact you should expect people to say somthing like:

"Can I has your stuff?"

... as a response to this.

Have a nice jurney.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-03-2010, 06:07 AM
Most of the time I think people like this just expect some sort of out pouring of support and their post to be filled with "I agree! Good for you!! You have the right idea!! Way to take a stand" type comments. When the reality is, they will get a "don't let the door hit ya on your way out" reaction from everyone.

If you have a complaint, just post it and be done. Or find another thread that talks about the same issues, which I'm sure are older, and post it there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-03-2010, 06:34 AM
um.....................

Can i have your stuff?

Lt. Commander
# 5
09-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Go@#$!%it another I f&*^ing quit post over something so f&*^ing stupid you know you can turn off your f&*^ing chat so you donít have to see this s&^t right

Iím so f&*^ing immature
In before lock
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-03-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franco2007
Hello,

I'm canceling my subscription to STO and just wanted to give the following feedback. I have enjoyed the game a lot and at the same time have put several ticket orders to address the issues of harrasment and just plain disruptive attitudes that players have on this game. When a game is as popular as STO, you should have in place certain monitors online to deter inappropriate behavior from certain players such as the use of MODERATORS online. The filtering of name's ships and characters do help a little but still people will be people and will express vile behaviors that should be controlled by Cryptic. Many online games have the same issue but they do have moderators that control IMMATURE behavior. My suggestion: PLEASE WORK ON USING BETTER FILTERS FOR NAMES OF SHIPS/CHARACTERS AS WELL AS MODERATORS ONLINE. It gets to me when someone uses so much profanity and yet others tolerate that. I have the power not to put up with and decide to leave until this gets fix or give up completely since my tickets remain open and nobody cares.

Sam Nun
I try to curtail my use of profanity in game. I also turn off my profanity filter because filthy language does not offend me. I for one am so happy that Cryptic took a stance to support freedom of self expression in the game.

Tell you what, Pirates of the Caribbean Online is, to a degree, free to play. I suggest you go there and talk about something as publicly acceptable as astronomy. It is fun to discuss the geology of Venus with all the moderation filters they have. Did you know that Disney has labeled Venus as a bad word? Uranus goes without saying as well. Use those words often enough while discussing the solar system and you could be branded a pedo and banned for a variable period of time. Yeah context is no consideration, that's freedom of speech. Pain in the butt if you ask me. Good luck on your journey though. Oh yeah and kan I havz Ur stufs?
Lt. Commander
# 7 I'm glad you're leaving
09-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Hello,

Sam Nun
Get over yourself and good riddance.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-03-2010, 07:17 AM
Why the F#$% did you post this twice.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Hello,

Sam Nun
You're leaving because you are not able to withstand a certain combination of words and phrases?

What, are you some kind of charity worker? Lol goodbye.

Oh, your stuff. Give, regardless of value.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-03-2010, 07:18 AM
Told ya.

/10char
Closed Thread