Lt. Commander
Yup, I want a Tribble Captain, and Tribble BOffs.

Here's how I see this working...

A race of super intelligent psionic tribbles. Seems perfect right? It gets better. In combat they can use humans for locomotion. You know how people hold the tribbles out when they pet them? Just have that as the standard for tribble BOs/Captains on beam down. The humans would be, like, psionically controlled by the tribble and can hold and use the required phaser weapons and the like, thus solving the issue of how to have an armless tribble use guns!

Seriously! How awesome is that!?

When beamed onto Starbases you can just use the tribble on it's own, since it won't need to do combat, and thus draw phasers. You can just have the tribble sort of bounce around for locomotion, like a Mexican jumping bean, but furrier. And sprinting you could just have them break into a nice, fast roll!

Attribute wise I see them having the racial trait "Efficient," I mean, heck it's a TRIBBLE. All they generally do is eat and breed... can't get more prone to efficiency than that. Then back that up with some kind of Mind Meld-like psionic control power to represent the tribble's telepathic abilities! I see it also having the racial ability "Totally Cute!" where exploits in PvP do -75% damage, and all characters miss when attacking the tribble about 10% of the time (because who would want to hurt a cute little tribble!? ). The last ability, of course, would be selectable by the player.

Pretty sweet, huh? And the tribble models are already in the game! A lot of the work is already done!

THIS is something I'd buy from the C-Store!

Now, I know some people are going to say this is insane, poorly advised, or moronic even. And, generally I'd agree with you. But if you're thinking that then you're forgetting, we already have an Excelsior Class that is at least as good as a Sovereign Class... I gotta say Tribble Captains are a couple rungs down the crazy ladder from that point (assuming of course that crazy is up and sanity is down, if not then reverse that... those crazy ladders, so often unpredictable as far as which way is which). So lets add this fun and exciting new species to the game!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-28-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
stuff
First of all that whole thing make me chuckle.

Secondly I don't understand your point. Are you ranting or seriously trying to make a case for something?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Our super elite psi-corp goes around and hunts down rogue telepaths.

Our leader's name is Bester.

Oh, wrong forum, nevermind.

Great idea!
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-28-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribbler View Post
Our super elite psi-corp goes around and hunts down rogue telepaths.

Our leader's name is Bester.

Oh, wrong forum, nevermind.

Great idea!
I counter your Bester with my Lyta. Ive won, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-28-2010, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
I counter your Bester with my Lyta. Ive won, thank you.
Oh yeah, Lyta the DABO girl in Quarks bar.

Oops wrong Leeta, not my best day
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-28-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribbler View Post
Oh yeah, Lyta the DABO girl in Quarks bar.

Oops wrong Leeta, not my best day
I will hereby further derail this thread by saying that i just started to rewatch B5 today. And each time im amazed again how good it is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-28-2010, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
First of all that whole thing make me chuckle.
Why thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir1536 View Post
Secondly I don't understand your point. Are you ranting or seriously trying to make a case for something?
About 50/50.

Yes, I admit it's a dumb idea, but as said, there is some questionable stuff in the game already. So, yeah it's kinda quirky, and not exactly appropriate... but yup, I would actually buy it (I have a massive in-game tribble collection ).
Lt. Commander
# 8 mmmmm yummy
08-28-2010, 04:22 AM
mmmmm more food for Xom and his race... sounds good where are they serving them up?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-28-2010, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mox
mmmmm more food for Xom and his race... sounds good where are they serving them up?
Tribble are high in saturated fats. In the end that would kill you and they would get their revenge postmortem.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Xom's tummy is a goodin
08-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Nah Xom's race has a metabolisim that can handle that mind you the furballs do build up a bit!
On the plus side they do make nice pressies though to give away on Diplomatic Corp First Contacts. ^^
Better than trading balls of hardened cow dung across the galaxy.