Lt. Commander
I know this has been discussed but how about a simple solution. Now I understand the story missions require a lot of work to rewrite and are pretty complex so forget that for the moment. How about they just open up the patrol missions.

I think there are about 60 patrol missions spread over that amount of space and would be good for around 10 or so levels of advancement (assuming you play them at the right time), and it gets the klingons out from their two sectors of space and will feel much more apart of the game. It also allows the devs to start doing unique klingon eps in those areas of space as they would know have access.

Deep space encounters could also be opened up to klingons and either joint DSE or on their own.

Most of the patrols have very little actual story or dialogue that needs changing from bo's or they could even be removed completly as its not really that necessary.

It also potentially allows for some form of special open pvp instances as klingons and feds fly around the same sector, and the potential to eventually rewrite the story eps for them. even if its only one a month they release one of the story eps with new klingon specific text .
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-03-2010, 09:40 PM
It would make sense to do patrols in those sectors (or ones like them) to hunt for Undine intrusion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-03-2010, 10:27 PM
the problem isnt so much opening up that space and reworking the quests to us, its that once they allow us in the space it treats us like a fed, we can go into any fed space and do any fed missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
It would make sense to do patrols in those sectors (or ones like them) to hunt for Undine intrusion.
Problem is that we'd be shot on sight when coming across the federation border...You know it and I know it as well....
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Problem is that we'd be shot on sight when coming across the federation border...You know it and I know it as well....
Can't shoot what you can't see. Besides I was just considering the idea as an opening for the Dev's to more Klingons hunting undine possiblities. Not as a fed co-op, but purtely us doing what we know needs to be done to stop the Undine invasion, regardless how blind the feds may be to that danger.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Can't shoot what you can't see. Besides I was just considering the idea as an opening for the Dev's to more Klingons hunting undine possiblities. Not as a fed co-op, but purtely us doing what we know needs to be done to stop the Undine invasion, regardless how blind the feds may be to that danger.
I like this concept in terms of the story. The KDF has a very different, but still very pointed take on the Undine presence.

And honor demands action.

I like. I definitely like.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-04-2010, 07:52 PM
There is another reason than just the Udine threat for us to be interested in both sectors. There is a great deal of bad blood between Klingons and Romulans and Klingons and Cardassians. Now currently the map looks like this: http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...arr/STOmap.jpg

Now on the left side in Cardassian space there is room to add a horizontal sector just for Klingon content and on the right side in Romulan space there is room for a vertical sector that would work for Klingon content.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Didn't dstahl mentioned an idea like this regarding Patrol missions? Without wanting to get any false hopes up or making people stop supporting this idea or anything, but I seem to remember him talking about opening up patrol missions which would require a lot of "rescoping" (he likes using that work, and I mean, it sounds kinda nice).

I absolutely think that would be a great way to go. The next step would be to also give us the Sector Defense missions. It would be kinda fun to have Sector Defense with PvP mixed in, though. Scenario similar to Gamma Orionis, but Klingons and Feds can also fight each other. It might be the first step towards open PvP.

I guess that would be a big change and I think it needs some limitations - like youc an enter Open PvP Sector Defenses only if you flag yourself as interested in Open PvP, otherwise you get regular ones. But I think it would be pretty cool.
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-07-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
I like this concept in terms of the story. The KDF has a very different, but still very pointed take on the Undine presence.

And honor demands action.

I like. I definitely like.
As do I...I think this could be a good diversion for us bored KDF...