Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
Greetings!

We were all STOKED to see everyone show up for the first Feature Episode "Cold Call" last Saturday. We are looking forward to the next episode in the series as we move the story forward and attempt to uncover what the Breen are doing in Deferi space.

As a reminder - new Featured Episodes will be available Saturdays and will be turned on in game at 11am PDT (we were a few minutes late last Saturday but we're using some new live event tech so hopefully this will improve the more we do it). When a new episode is turned on, the mission will become immediately available. However, you will need to go to the right location and contact to take the new mission.

To play the new episode "Out in the Cold" there are a few requirements
  • You must have access to the Defera Sector (This requires level 10 for both the Fed/Klg faction)
  • You must have completed the first episode "Cold Call"
  • You must be in the Defera Sector and hail Ambassador Surah to get the next episode

As I mentioned last week, Featured Episodes can be a mixture of combat and non-combat game play types. The episodes and daily mission can be played by both Federation and Klingon faction players. You can play these episodes at any level 10+ and the episode will scale to the team leader level (or just your level if you are solo). The episodes are small bite sized chunks of content, but over time all those chunks can add up into a ton of content. There is a daily patrol mission in the sector that now offers 3 Emblems on completion for Fed/KLG players that are at max level.

When you complete each Featured Episode - you can return to the Defera Sector and turn the mission back in to Ambassador Surah to receive your unique mission reward. The unique reward for Cold Call was a crate of cryogenic grenades (this crate can be refilled at the Ferengi vendor on Defera under certain circumstances). The unique reward for "Out in the Cold" is a... nah I'm not going to spoil it

In addition to these unique rewards at the end of each Featured Episode - there will be a Special Reward (limited edition) granted at the end of the Breen series if you completed the series prior to the next series start.

I'm sure there will be more questions, and I direct you to the following two links for specific feedback:

As I've said before - this is a new content direction and something that we're eager to get your feedback on. We plan to keep making these feature episode on a regular schedule if you love them, and if you don't like them or have feedback, let us know and we'll course correct.

Enjoy!
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Looking forward to it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-04-2010, 08:10 AM
I have to said, after season 2 went out, and all the exploration bugs and PVP bugs came, i saw a dack future to STO, but now i am full of hope for the game, and i have to said this: Good work cryptic with this episodes. I cant wait to play the new one.

Keep on the good work.

See you all out there.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Wiill be there
09-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Plain to do it today may be there when the mission opens up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Just ran through the first episode last night & also did the daily mission. Great addition! I'm really looking forward to the rest of these Breen episodes!
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Disruptors on standby & battle cloak engaged! Have to get my Klingon up to speed here.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-04-2010, 10:06 AM
What circumstances are we talking about to refill the cryo grenades?? I seem to be unaware that they could be refilled....This will bring joy to my Klink char and my fed klink as well........

and....

MWUHAHAHAHAHHA....in regards to the next episode...some much needed content to help my klink fleeties level....heheheheheheeh
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-04-2010, 10:49 AM
glad to hear that the gernades can be refilled. I thought it was a 1 shot item, so its in my bank for "safe" keeping

*runs off to make a withdrawl*
Lt. Commander
# 9
09-04-2010, 12:39 PM
once again, another great episode, great enviorments (space anomolies, forcefields out to space)
brenn special attacks etc. insted of "ffs" when loosing my away team i went "wooha!"

great job once again!
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-04-2010, 01:27 PM
brilliant ep, well done devs