Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Ok this post is mostly about ground pvp spawn camping accusations as I don't hardly ever do space. People keep accusing others of spawn camping yet in my experience more often here is what is happening.

Both teams zone in and one team does not move from their spawn point so the other team is forced to come fight them at their spawn, and as the opposing team dies they continue to respawn there and that creates a combat lock for the attacking team.

Both teams move off their spawn and when 1 teams members start dying the survivors run and the pursuers end up chasing them down to their spawn point and the above happens all over again.

Another thing that can lead to thinking you are being spawn camped is going up against a team with multiple engineers using their fabrication kits, 3 engineers doing this will have 6 drones that will follow you to your spawn and will effectively spawn camp you till they are destroyed or despawn.

================================================== =====================================

Now their are the actual cases of spawn camping where a team immediately rushes to your spawn and starts killing your team and then just bunkers down right at your spawn and they are killing you before you can even completely respawn. This doesn not happen often though I have seen a couple people doing it.

================================================== =====================================

Now I am torn between hating spawn camping because of what it does to the pvp as it demoralizes people and makes them never want to play again and on the other side saying you will only get camped if you let it happen, i.e. you make no attempt to move from your spawn point at the start of the game or when you respawn.

What I would like to ask is that the gaming community to try and agree as a whole that spawn camping in any form is bad for pvp as we already have a low population that wants to pvp. This means though that we all understand how it happens and both sides do everything they can to avoid it, if that means you have 1 member in your team that is trying to spawn camp and you leave him alone there to die then so be it ( have done this many times). One thing CHC has done at times is try and at start of match set a designated combat area of the map away from spawn points, sucks to have to do this but at the moment cryptic is making us come up with ways to make things work since their current system is lacking. Feel free to spread this around give any input flame whatever just remember we all here want more people to pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-04-2010, 01:49 PM
The big difference between Ground and Space spawn camping is that its sometiems unavoidable in ground PvP because of the nature of the maps.
However in space PvP spawn camping is easily avoidable and is a deliberate noobish act of griefing, nothing more and nothing less.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-04-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
The big difference between Ground and Space spawn camping is that its sometiems unavoidable in ground PvP because of the nature of the maps.
However in space PvP spawn camping is easily avoidable and is a deliberate noobish act of griefing, nothing more and nothing less.

Your right it is easily avoidable by moving away from your spawn point, Now since I only play Klingon I
can only speak from my experience that there are a lot of fed players that just dont move, I mean really
we both zone in at the same time and as far as the klingon side as soon as we zone in we.

1. Someone starts inviting, Sometimes not but more often than not they do
2. We start cloaking and move across the map.
3. We get to the middle of map if Feds have moved we engage there there than more often than not it stays
there depending on which side gets the upper hand the fight may move a little either way
4. (Other option) No feds so we keep moving to there spawn point at which time we engage, Now
depending on who gets the upper hand its eaither the Feds get it and the klingons start having to
move in from farther spawn points or the Klingons wipe the Feds and then as they spawn they
are taken out.

Now its usually 3 or sometimes 4 players from our fleet that PvP together were not a premade we are
not on vent but we are together, Now we have been called spawn campers not a lot but a few times
and we have on occassion tried to cloak up and move off the spawn point but that gets tricky sometimes
because most of the time when the fed spawn they start start firing which is what they should do but in turn that causes us to keep attacking.

The easiest fix for this is to move from your spawn and as a matter of fact most of the time when we see
the feds noving to the middle we hold off on our inatial attack and we follow them back to the middle.

So yes this is easily avoidable.......
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorry double post
Lt. Commander
# 5 Correction!
09-04-2010, 04:37 PM
There is no such thing as spawn camping, the correct military nomenclature is DEPLOYMENT SUPPRESSION.

Yours in annihilating the enemy Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank65
Your right it is easily avoidable by moving away from your spawn point, Now since I only play Klingon I
can only speak from my experience that there are a lot of fed players that just dont move, I mean really
we both zone in at the same time and as far as the klingon side as soon as we zone in we.

1. Someone starts inviting, Sometimes not but more often than not they do
2. We start cloaking and move across the map.
3. We get to the middle of map if Feds have moved we engage there there than more often than not it stays
there depending on which side gets the upper hand the fight may move a little either way
4. (Other option) No feds so we keep moving to there spawn point at which time we engage, Now
depending on who gets the upper hand its eaither the Feds get it and the klingons start having to
move in from farther spawn points or the Klingons wipe the Feds and then as they spawn they
are taken out.

Now its usually 3 or sometimes 4 players from our fleet that PvP together were not a premade we are
not on vent but we are together, Now we have been called spawn campers not a lot but a few times
and we have on occassion tried to cloak up and move off the spawn point but that gets tricky sometimes
because most of the time when the fed spawn they start start firing which is what they should do but in turn that causes us to keep attacking.

The easiest fix for this is to move from your spawn and as a matter of fact most of the time when we see
the feds noving to the middle we hold of on our inatial attack and we follow them back to the middle.

So yes this is easily avoidable.......
I myself avoid the ground combat as much as possible, so while I don't want to hijack the focus too much from the original post, as far as the space portion of this conversation goes Dank65 has covered it nicely. When we sit there as long as we do we really have no one to blame but ourselves. Ourselves for not working around it (even though we know it's coming) and Cryptic for not doing something to fix this rather odd spawning issue.

I appreciate the tone of the original post though. If I played ground I'd probably agree completely.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I myself avoid the ground combat as much as possible, so while I don't want to hijack the focus too much from the original post, as far as the space portion of this conversation goes Dank65 has covered it nicely. When we sit there as long as we do we really have no one to blame but ourselves. Ourselves for not working around it (even though we know it's coming) and Cryptic for not doing something to fix this rather odd spawning issue.

I appreciate the tone of the original post though. If I played ground I'd probably agree completely.

Thank You Hale....

And your right cryptic should fix this and IMO I think they should go back to the original random spawning
because that would at least put it back to, Who ever loses the first encounter, they may have to travel
from fartther spawns and it may be a little harder to group back but up at least you dont get the wholesale
slaughter thats sometimes happens so at least you have a fighting chance.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-04-2010, 06:06 PM
actually, the best idea I have come up with is when you go to respawn it pops up a choice of spawn locations on the map and you can select the 1 you want, this way you can spawn near your team or if they are being over run spawn at a meeting place you all agree on.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
actually, the best idea I have come up with is when you go to respawn it pops up a choice of spawn locations on the map and you can select the 1 you want, this way you can spawn near your team or if they are being over run spawn at a meeting place you all agree on.
That's too simple and has entirely too much potential to work. Keep your ideas to yourself! D:<
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
GREAT idea!