Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
09-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
However in space PvP spawn camping is easily avoidable and is a deliberate noobish act of griefing, nothing more and nothing less.
That's a fairly narrow view isn't it? They're the ones *deliberately* sitting at their spawn. I can't be responsible for killing them if I don't want to wait around doing nothing. It's my game too. I don't do it to make people angry - I do it because they're amorously inviting it all bent over with legs spread at their spawn point.

I don't care enough about your worthless existence to consciously and purposefully grief you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by couladin View Post
actually, the best idea I have come up with is when you go to respawn it pops up a choice of spawn locations on the map and you can select the 1 you want, this way you can spawn near your team or if they are being over run spawn at a meeting place you all agree on.
At preliminary glance - I like this idea. It's worked in other games.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-06-2010, 10:05 AM
So team a teleports in take 20minutes to form grp and 40 minutes to move away from their spawn we team 2 have to wait because they are slow?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-07-2010, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
So team a teleports in take 20minutes to form grp and 40 minutes to move away from their spawn we team 2 have to wait because they are slow?
Yes just you Zorena, you can sit around for 20 minutes, by which time the opposition has snuck up on you, then you can accuse them of camping instead.

On a serious note, in my experience of it (from a space standpoint), a quickly formed team flies up to the centre, if both teams are quickly formed they both meet - no problem. If the opposition is not quickly formed they tend to straggle in one by one whilst the 1st team picks them off one at a time all the while inching forwards. By the time the 1st team are 3/4 of the way across the map it can be 7-0 already, 2nd team lose interest, sit at spawn and start calling "spawn campers".

I don't think it is griefing, for the most part it's an unintentional side effect of forming up quickly and getting on with business - I'm sure camping does happen, I'm just saying that often it's non intentional.

I kind of like the idea of the spawn point choice, so long as it could work in such a way that the whole team spawned from the chosen location - not an individual choice, otherwise I think it would be open to abuse by the same calibre of people that fly to the edge of the map when the score is not going their way.
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank65
Sorry double post
Thats ok, it gave me chance to admire your avater one more time.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Thats ok, it gave me chance to admire your avater one more time.

Nice aint it....
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank65
Nice aint it....
Bloody well gorgeous.
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-09-2010, 05:12 PM
i still maintain that we are not camping where they spawn, they are spawning where we camp. :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-10-2010, 03:01 PM
http://www.centurionforums.com/viewt...hp?f=18&t=1842

Yep no spawn camping going on here
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Is it me, or does the space map sometimes spawn enemies at the same spawn point? I respawn my blown up fed, start moving away from the point, and get shot by a klink that apparently spawned right behind me.