Lt. Commander
# 1 Out in the Cold
09-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Loved it, awesome episode! Once again, the scenery was a very nice change of pace and the story did a great job of not feeling cookie cutterish (as some other missions will). I was completely paranoid the entire time looking for hidden puzzles though.

Couple notes here:
1) When the Breen showed up in the first area (don't remember exactly which time), my tac officer announces their arrival and says "Battle stations everyone!" or something similar. I feel that now I must fire my tac Boff, because calling everyone to battle stations is clearly MY job.

2) I have discovered what destroyed the planet/asteroid that made up the first area. At first it looked too round to fit in, so I assumed that it was just a moon. Little did I realize that it was no moon, it was a space station! Below is my evidence
In-Game:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/...athstarSTO.png
Evidence for comparison:
http://www.briancuban.com/wp-content...death-star.jpg

All in all, it was a VERY great episode and I look forward once again to next weeks. While it lacked some of the shock and awe of last weeks, that's likely due more to the fact that last weeks was the first episode to have such visually stunning environments.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-05-2010, 12:17 PM
I feel the same.

After I finished the quest I didn't klick on "Depart the System". Instead of I did a little "walk around" to enjoy the nice design of the underground and also looking for some hidden riddle like in the first episode.

Didn't find any

Pretty nice quest. I really enjoyed it.

I am still wondering why the Breen are after the Deferi that hard. Maybe we get some kind of conclusion next weekend...
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Out in the Cold was another winning episode. I 'm thoroughly enjoying these weekly episodes. Keep up the good work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-06-2010, 06:58 AM
I loved it too. What did you guys think of the reward though. As i don't use that item i just put it in my bank. I wish it could have been something unique that wouldn't require skills to use. Stiil it was a fun mission.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-07-2010, 01:35 AM
One thing that occured to me -if we had a neat mini-game for this, we could make the mission more interesting.

The transporter inhibitors might offer a choice - simply destroy them, or reprogram them for Breen biosignatures. Reprogramming requires a mini-game.

If you do the first, everything works as it does now (except you end up shooting the inhibitors.)
Reprogramming means that the Breen, after talking about your insignificance and upcoming demise, ends up cursing - his trustworthy aide can't actually beam inside to kill you. Instead, your Science officer traces the beam origin to a ship hiding in the area, and you can go to space to hunt it down. Alternative, you might let the Breen beam in - but without his aides. (There is a precedent for the latter - in one of the Hirogen missions, you can choose to disable the enemies communication system and you have to fight less Hirogen then.)
Lt. Commander
# 6 need help in out in the cold
09-14-2010, 05:32 PM
the mission where you are soposed to find a breem alie i cant find one i need your guys help i looked for 2 hours after i got the ore from the mines
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-15-2010, 10:17 AM
What Breen Ally?